HELP: Advanced AI (Wrecking Ball)

Okay, so there’s no easy way around this… it’s Custom Wrecking Ball AI time!

So here’s the deal, Wrecking Ball has some new abilities and weaknesses but needs to function in a way that’ll make use of them:
-Roll (Active 7s, Speed increases 180%)
-Shield (Blocks 75% Dmg)
-Grapple (Removed)
-Health (60hp)
-Defense (Ball Takes 2% Dmg from 15m>)
-Weakness (Ball Takes 100% Dmg from <7m)

So essentially Wrecking Ball, whose normally a Close-Range character now needs to become a spatially aware Medium-Long-Range one.

This is a BOSS Fight Mode, so only Player Slot 0 really needs to be monitored (although some Bosses do have minions of their own, Torb, Rein, Genji).

I need to find a way to get Hammond to understand when he’s TOO CLOSE to the boss, so that he’ll back off without falling off cliffs or getting stuck. Ideally he’ll only engage from 15m>, and use BALL FORM to rapidly retreat from danger.

I’m still trying to link Ball Form & Adaptive Shield, so that visually Players can tell that he’s gonna be harder to kill.

Sorry this is a lot, I’m still extremely new to AI Scripting with Workshop. Any help you can provide would be amazing!

Thanks!

distance between(event player, the boss) <= 7

Then you create a position that is 15 meters away. If hammond is currently looking at the boss you can just use nearest walkable position(hammonds position + backward * 15).

Fortunately I have made a tool for dummy bot pathfinding: