Helix classified maximum security prison

So we know Doomfist was sprung free presumably by Talon (mostly reaper) as there were many casualties including cellular degeneration. It was supposed to be a classified black site that nobody knew about only to house the most dangerous criminals.

My question is who else is there? An entire prison with many guards wouldn’t just hold 1 or 2 villains. Surely we could get some insight as to who else was there weather or not they had run-ins with Overwatch or Blackwatch.

Similarly, if Talon (Reaper) went through the danger and trouble of breaking into a top-secret prison, he wouldn’t just bust 1 of his buddies out so we can reasonably assume nobody else was there that he (or Talon) cared about, or wanted out.

4 Likes

It’s a very typical prison break story that could possibly enter Overwatch lore. With Doomfist’s time in prison, surely he could have met other inmates that he could create alliances and recruit. :thinking:

Prison: 88503

1 Like

All I know is that Pharah is probably taking charge over a search for Doomfist and may question Orisa in particular.

What else is she doing in the lore? She has a high rank in Helix after all.

I don’t think Pharah had a high rank per se, I think she was well respected but not some major leader within a paramilitary organization like Helix. Nothing really points towards Pharah as a high level general or anything, just a talented soldier. We don’t have a lot of information on Helix’s organization and influence, but pharah doesn’t have any interaction with Doomfist, she’s almost nonplussed by him being out of prison.

I have a feeling Olivia found Doomfist within the prison via hacking Helix, then reaper broke his way in. very transparent sure, but we still know nothing else about who else could be in that prison or why its a black-site prison. Thats usually for the worst of the worst, but have enough information that authorities want to extract otherwise they’d just terminate them.

She is captain of a kill-everything team in Egypt. She was last seen taking point on a mission in Giza to take out Anubis. I would imagine she is still operating out of her base of operations.

I wouldn’t say she has high enough rank or the right level. Plus I’m pretty sure the prison was not in Egypt, but somewhere else. Where? I have no clue.

There could be a number of villains there. Unfortunately we wouldn’t know who they are since most villains revealed we know where they are.

For someone more versed in the lore than I am, are Helix and Overwatch (or then Blackwatch) in kahoots where they share intelligence or work in tandem for global security? Or are they 2 standalone organizations that don’t talk with eachother? Moreover; we know blackwatch and overwatch didn’t exist when Doomfist was broken out of prison, however the OW members (if they were working with Helix) would know additional prisoners at that secret prison, and the baddies they’d want to keep tabs on should the alarm be raised during another prison break.

Actually, a prison map would be really cool; capture the area around the front, open the doors, then capture another area inside to free your prisoner. Alternatively, break out of prison maps could work too. Steal a prison truck to escape from your “cell” area.

1 Like

As far as we know Overwatch and Helix are separate and didn’t share information.

So in theory Helix could have imprisoned someone Blackwatch and Overwatch (world police) were still searching for. I have a feeling Pharah doesn’t have enough clearance to know about the prison and can’t share that information with Jack Morrison, and similarly her own mother.

It would be interesting to see what, if any, security measures Helix is taking to prevent another breakout of its prisoners.

1 Like

iirc it was also implied that Sombra hacked Helix’s systems as they had nothing set off while Reaper was running around inside