Heavy Frame Rate Drop

I’m new to overwatch on PC but I’ve had it for about a month and I have never had any framerate issues or problems playing the game until about a couple nights ago. Even when I play quick play the game hiccups pretty bad and the main reason I got a PC was to play overwatch. I usually would play the game on epic graphics and had no issues so I’m confused on why the game isn’t working well right now. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game in hopes that would help but whenever I open OW I get really bad frame rate drops and cant eve play the game.

My specs Aren’t the best but here they are

GeForce RTW 2060
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six Core
16.00 GB RAM

Any help is appreciated

Make sure you include a DxDiag if you want to troubleshoot.

Hi,
Recently there was a bug-ridden version of the NVIDIA drivers, I don’t recall which version exactly, but check to see if you have a driver update available, and if not roll back to the drivers that were around from when you last remember it playing well. I also have a 2060 and this fixed my issues.

on a RTX 2070 also getting major fps drops

i tried to post my DxDiag but it said it was too long
but i saw this at the end of the text file
+++ WER9 +++:
Fault bucket 1597949424577342770, type 5
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Overwatch.exe
P2: 1.56.0.11726
P3: 10.0.19042.2.0.0
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

yea same here 2070 super with 200 fps

Just make a new thread and link to a DxDiag on Pastebin.com. Don’t add it on the end of someone else’s thread, unless you’re also the OP.

This is a “low on available RAM” error from Windows. Overwatch is probably using a lot of the RAM, but it implies there are lots of other things running in the background.

Apologies i’ll remember that for the next time

I rolled back my GPU driver and that solved the problem
driver version 461.40 is bugged to all hell and back for overwatch

I’ve also been experiencing a lot of issues with the last few months of nVidia drivers. They don’t just affect Overwatch for me, though, so I usually know right away what’s happening. But thanks for reporting back, maybe this will help the OP.

I see they just released a driver last night… but I don’t want it right now haha.

1 Like

that’s probably 461.40, it might only affect 20 series cards so you might be safe, I’m going to wait for the next version or two

This affects 30 series cards. My specs are:

GeForce RTX 3070
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
16GB RAM