Healing in Competitive Mode is a grueling experience

This isn’t a post meant to complain about bad team mates, but over the course of numerous games where I’d have around 20K healing and really feel like I busted my bum just to get a loss and abuse from team mates, this has been one of the most miserable gaming experiences I’ve ever had.

Not even Halo 2 on Legendary has been this frustrating to me. Team mates would be hit with the enemy Ana’s grenade and start yelling at me for not healing them (even though I’d have Mercy’s beam on them in anticipation of its cleanse). The lack of any barrier tanks cause allies to be bombarded with all sorts of overwhelming damage, and the supports are the ones blamed for “no heals” when there’s no protection from all of the damage being shot at them.

I’m not saying I belong above diamond. I’m not accusing my team mates of throwing for not swapping. I’m not even blaming them for my losses. But I’m just so demoralized after strictly playing support in role queue. I just feel like I’ve been treated like a slave most of the time, and most matches now end with team mates blaming players from other roles like saying “main tank difference” or “dps difference” and “healer difference.”

I mean, I know there are things I could do better. I think back sometimes and realize that I could’ve made better choices during the match. But overall, I feel like I can only pave the road to the finish line and my tanks/dps have to drive the car to win the race. I could make the smoothest, most beautiful road ever seen in NASCAR history, yet it doesn’t matter if my team wrecks the car halfway through the race.

Hate to sound like I’m turning this into an anti-Ana thread, but maybe they should alter Ana’s grenade so that instead of preventing healing, it cuts healing done in half or something. The ability has caused so much toxicity among team mates as people think they aren’t getting healed due to incompetence from the healers.

2 Likes

My advice is if youre enabling team mates as best you can and they arent making plays then make the plays yourself. Try swapping to zen and doing damage yourself or maybe be a reddit lucio and kill the enemy healers. Just mute and report toxic players and remember supports can make plays too.

2 Likes

in silver…when you hit that demoralizing point…you pull out a fragging support…its less demoralizing when you aim to carry your team mates kicking and screaming to victory rather than resign yourself to another demoralizng defeat… some might say your only job is too support…but if the ship is sinking…ill be damned if i go willingly.

Show those petty dps how it’s done by playing Zen. Zen enjoys their salty tears when we take their gold foil chocolate coins known as gold medals for elims in this game.

1 Like

Halo 2 matchmaking was awesome. Aside from the moders/cheaters, I genuinely never felt as if I was in the wrong rank, went on ridiculous streaks or felt like if the games were ever stacked against me. Aside from that rarely was their ever a leaver and I swear internet must have been much better back then because disconnects were also very few and far between.

1 Like

Yeah when I was in silver same thing happened to me ,then I started doing more damage and as a result I climb to gold ,dont beat yourself up dude everyone struggles is about how you face said struggles

1 Like

Because your heal botting, your expecting your useless teammates to Make plays, switch to zen or Lucio and Make them yourself.

1 Like

Not trying to blame you (people should try to dodge, block or cleanse purple), but I would highly suggest calling when teammates are purple. It’s a callout that could help them if they didn’t notice and it will cut down on the amount of abuse the supports get when people die to it. I like to go with ‘Tanks are purple, play safe’. I also try to say it in a calm, even toned voice so that it’s clear that I’m giving an informational callout rather than an accusation.

If you feel like you can ask without tilting the off tank, you could also ask for them to pay attention to nade. Something between fights like ‘this Ana is dunking on us, we should save bubble to cleanse purple’ or ‘yo, Hog. Would you mind going Dva to eat nade or Zarya to bubble purple players? We are really struggling with it right now’.

3 Likes

Mate, you probably do. Ranking up takes bloody ages. I moved from GM support on Xbox to PC and it took ages to get through plat, though I jumped to Master very quickly after hitting diamond.

2 Likes

Can confirm it took me 10 hours of play to get the last 100sr for diamond. Ranking up from gold is an absolute grind.

1 Like

Tbh that’s only an effective method when your tanks actually walk past the chokes which is extremely rare in silver and gold usually 90% of the round is wasted by passive tanks at those sr’s.

1 Like

Depends. Gm’s on console playing on a smurf normally go easily to gm again, even in solo q. Around mid/high masters it gets a bit more difficult but they don’t have problems normally.

2 Likes