Having lag spikes since 3 of december, game unplayable, internet seems fine

I have the same problem since the last update and apparently blizzard does not care about the problem!!!

1 Like

Check out the thread “Lost connection to the game server” currently a few below yours. Evidently there is an issue with certain ISPs peering with Dallas L3 server (or something) anyway I’m on mobile so I can’t link it but they’re working on it, no ETA. There is a thread in the wow tech support forum (title is something about “world lagg”) that gets more blue posts.

Here’s hoping they fix it soon. I’m in Corpus on Grande so I feel your pain. UK guy is probably not having the same issue.

I’m having the same issue after the recent updates. 50% of the time I can’t even get in-game as it “loses connection to game server”. When I finally manage to get ingame, I have insane rubberbanding, latency issues, audio issues, etc.

In 2 years of playing overwatch I’ve never had any such issues. I’m in south Texas

1 Like

But I’m in the UK and its affecting me, so how is that possible?

Its the exact same issue as everyone else, so how can this be ISP? This is some straight up Blizzard BS tbh

I’m having the exact issue! I’m from Mexico (Mexicali) and I’m having all those latency and sound issues making the game unplayable.

I feel relieved that I’m not the only one experiencing this, but just because a few weeks ago I purchased a new Xbox and thought that my console was the responsible of this issue.

See my thread here: Latency to Overwatch Servers only - #4 by Lucky-14493

This was my final conclusion for myself:
Update:
Ok so I went through a VPN in the US I have an ok connection to, got 58ms to google and 61ms to Overwatch server.

It’s definitely a bad routing issue caught up somewhere between me and Nevada or Texas…

That said it’d help if Blizzard can contact these people and get them to fix it :frowning:

1 Like

Having the exact same issues as all of you are having, iv been back and forth with Blizzard for days about it and they say it’s the ISP’s fault, but my connection for everything that Isn’t OW is perfectly fine. I wish I had a VPN so I could reroute like the above poster.

I use NordVPN, it costs money but it’s good for things besides just rerouting it’s good for security too. If you select a VPN server near Blizzard (San Fransisco in my case) it seems to work pretty good. Though as I type this I’m having issues of the VPN while using it is disconnecting so maybe hold off if you thought of buying it.

Follow the instructions and post here so they can start working on fixing it!!

I’m having this issue on Xbox, there seems that I cannot contribute with the info they request =[

Having same issue, last 2 hours I shoot up to 800 latency, don’t get kicked from game but I am sliding everywhere, even when I am spectating a friend.

1 Like

Where are you connecting from? what Internet provider do you use?

Im connecting from Mexico too and I use TotalPlay and Im having a nightmare triying to play or to open blizzard support website, TotalPlay have been completely useless on the phone refusing to look into it and blaming my IP adress or Blizzard servers.

what is your Internet provider? I have issues with TotalPlay in Mexico as well

Currently I’m using Telnor.

Tried again tonight, seems to be if I play with friends I’m fine. On my own, huuuuuge latency spikes

My ISP routes through Dallas L3.

This seems to be the issue for everyone.

BLIZZARD: DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. The lag spikes and lost connection to game server errors is getting stupid. I lag so bad in Comp i can’t play

1 Like

There are peering issues that we’re looking into on multiple threads across other games. Currently, there is no ETA on when this may be resolved. However, we will continue to update the thread here:

Peering issues take time to resolve as it relies on communication between the peering partners and ISPs affected. This is generally impacting people who are running through these problem nodes, but not everybody, which is why VPNs and changing to a different network have helped some people work around the issue until this is resolved.

Totalplay is one of the ISPs that we are aware of that is impacted through these nodes. We appreciate your patience as the issue is being investigated. Thank you for your reports!

2 Likes

Have the same problem since yesterday. Very unstable ping during the game. Usually i have 30ms, but now it changes from 30 to 100 every 10 seconds, the game is unplayable.

this is getting ridiculus, cant even play the GAME, it takes for ever to get connected to the servers, and when do, no sound, LAG spikes, looks like is not for everyone, some ppl can play the game, but really Blizzard!! you need to find what is happening, lots of ppl enjoy your game but right now, i prefer to go play paladins