Haven't been able to play OW for months on PC

My PC version of overwatch hasn’t worked in many months. No matter how many times I try, the game simply crashes seconds after launch every single time. Blizzard cleverly tricked me into giving them $10 extra for a console version that I can actually play. I was content with them stealing my money as I was able to play on console, but now that the beta is here and it’s doing the exact same thing I’m here to pout. I find it absolutely ridiculous that Blizzard hasn’t fixed such a large problem that affects so many people who pay them for a working version of their game. When looking online I see a large amount of others with the same instant crash on launch problem. I know this company has some deplorable hiring practices but is it really that difficult to find a single human being that knows what they’re doing enough to fix this game breaking issue that has been persistent for months.
Any help would be surprising. I’ve tried getting rid of every minute thing that I’ve read might potentially conflict with Overwatch to no avail.

Export your MSInfo and upload to Pastebin, link me, and I’ll take a look.

I have a buddy who has the same issue. Every time he clicks play - it black screens - then crashes…if you are able to find a fix i’d love to help my boy out as well.

I offered like 10mins after you posted… :slight_smile:

Have him start his own thread with his DxDiag.

OW crashes on pressing play

This is his post Nicole…

thank you

Here is the post any help is appreciated

I tried to paste the export of my MSInfo but was told I needed pastebin pro because of the size. I can fork over the 3 dollars if that’s the only way.
And yes thank you for answering so swiftly. Original post was sorta just my angered scream into the void as I’ve never used forums to complain about game issues before.
Also, do I just link you over this thread or you need a DM or something.

Just upload it as a text file to Google Drive and share a link here.

Can you confirm whether you’ve opened a ticket before (not a forum post) and supplied them with system files?

There are many things I can recommend. But let’s do some basics first so I don’t need to sort through the rest of these thousands of words in the error text.

1. Manually check for Windows updates and install them.
  2. Disable CorsairLink and Creative Cloud from running on startup (and any others you can).
  3. Turn off Livewallpaper/slideshow.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Try to open Overwatch.
  6. Run a DxDiag.
  7. Post the DxDiag.

I did see errors from the storage manager (Windows), gpu (driver crash), Razer installer, Corsair, Adobe, Windows update, as well as blue screen errors.

Definitely for the best. The DxDiag had system errors that you’d need to resolve anyway. You can remove the links for both replies :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.