Have you gotten in?

Yeah I haven’t been able to play at all lmao

2 Likes

Me too,so tired of this crap

i mean sure its ur opinion but like i want this account cuz i had many cosmetics on it plus its not like im smurfing my rank or something cuz its the same rank as my main one i just have it as a backup for situations like these days w overwatch 2

Sorry. I see the word smurf and my brain automatically associates that with evil.

2 Likes

I’m still unable to log in, my queue reaches zero and then the game instantly disconnects me. Its been doing it for the last 5 hours for me

3 Likes

i understand ur pain and im totally with u on this one and me my self im not a fan of smurfing either but i really dont find any harm on having a backup accound just in case tho if they do close it i guess too bad

2 Likes

It’s not a DDOS attack cause nobody is purposely doing it

1 Like

Yes exactly! That’s the same damn error code ive been getting since launch…just upset that there’s no update, we are just left in the dark…despite me and others paying for the battle pass :sweat:

Maybe if you could just grasp the simple concept of what they were trying to explain, then they wouldn’t have gotten so frustrated.

It was pretty clear that they were trying to say that ONE issue being fixed didn’t mean that you could get in, as there are multiple issues and while that ONE might not be proventing you from logging in, another still might be. There isn’t a way to determine what issue was providing you the error, as the error you described covered multiple issues.

Not sure if you were being purposely dense to annoy them, but it was annoying to read you spin your wheels to their explaination over and over.

Hello.
I know you’re not allowed to post whenever you feel like it ever since you got the job, but any word on fixing the error code immediate disconnect for console players who linked their accounts (like we were told to, to make OW2 transition ‘easier’).

Like seriously, I made sure to do the right thing and have everything set up as we were told to, and now can’t even play the game because of it. I just wait in a queue for an hour and then immediately get an error code. Just being spit on basically… why are we being punished for doing the right thing…? Like i’d understand if it happened to people who didn’t follow instructions ‘we told you to do this’ but the fact that the opposite thing is happening, and for almost 2 days now, is crazy.

8 Likes

Almost 36 hours in with no success at logging in! Who else is with me in trying to survive for a total of 48 hours with more unsuccessful attempts!

11 Likes

I am with you on this journey!

At least we can all look back on this in a years time like “remember when we all sat for days in a queue just to get into play hhaahahah”

5 Likes

Why are you removing the phone verification?
It does not make any sense on a free to play game. You’re actually supporting smurfing now? June 9th 2021 doesn’t change anything to sort them out basically.

Phone verifications were removed to allow the large number of players who weren’t able to play with the restrictions due to various reasons such as not having a phone of their own or being on a plan that wasn’t accepted through the verification. I’d rather let smurfing creep back into the game than have a large number of loyal fans or new players not be able to play at all.
That’s not to say I support or personally use smurfing though.

I don’t buy that. All these people with fishy phone number issues are smurfs probably and shouldn’t be allowed in. I haven’t heard on a single of my friends with regular phone numbers having a single issue with their account. That’s just smurf talking and they won.

1 Like

Trust me there were plans or providers that weren’t being accepted for the SMS protect which was frustrating for people who didn’t have other numbers to use, or if they were a minor and their parents also have a battle.net account they couldn’t just use their parents number. You’re certainly entitled to your own opinion though so I respect that, maybe some people were lying to try and get a change so they can smurf, I can’t be sure.
That’s just my take from what I’ve seen though.

1 Like

It will be a great memory to contrast my horrible memory of Overwatch 1 in 2016. Glad things changed and we can finally live up to our potential.

Blizzard needing to be more thorough regarding their providers whitelist/blacklist shouldn’t change the overall idea of allowing only one account per person.

Not sold on kids either, most of them have their own phone number these days, except if you’re talking about kindergardeners.

You are mostly right, most of them are smurfs, but you still have the minority of people, who have still problems with the numbers, because they are pre paid.

I’m sorry but I don’t get why you’d have a pre paid as your main phone number. That’s the stuff you buy when you’re in a foreign country and need a temporary number. Or if you’re selling drugs and don’t want to be traced lol

There are a lot of very cheap starter mobile plans out there without having to use a pre paid option for something regular.