Have the wrong rank without even playing competitive

in season 3, i was gold 3 for support.
the new update came out and i never got my rewards until the next day and it told me i was gold 4 in support. i then go to check my career profile and there is no rank there at all. not for any roles. not for any seasons at all.

a couple days later… (now)
i log in and look at my profile to see for some reason my rank for support in season 3 is SILVER 2? but i havent even played competitive this season,… it doesnt make sense? ( it says silver 2 and that i’ve won 1 game in support)

why do i have a rank this season thats way lower than my last rank, WITHOUT EVEN PLAYING RANKED AT ALL?!

1 Like

The derank from gold 3 to gold 4 is likely from the end of season adjustment, which takes into account any games that you played after your last rerank. The derank from gold 4 to silver 2 is from seasonal decay, which the Devs will be removing in Season 4. If you think these are bugs however, here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs.

its an obvious bug,… i havent even played competitive to receive a rank this season ;
on my profile its telling me ive won 1 game of support ( which is impossible as i havent played at all ) and that my rank is silver 2

1 Like

There’s more posts on my thread about that exact issue as well under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment and Incorrect Competitive Career Statistics Page. This looks like a bug with the career profile where current season stats are displayed as the incorrect total of previous seasons which explains the singular game you didn’t play this season. And the removal of placement games in Overwatch 2 means you still have a rank, if decayed, if you were ranked the previous season. I hope this helps.