Have Hope Everyone

I know that this game’s community has not been happy with things with this game. The event being short, hero balances, no communication from the devs. But, there was a time, where I used to play this game for hours on end just grinding competitive until 4 AM.

This game has some amazing gameplay and features, and the new heroes coming out felt exciting, sure some may have had a rocky start like Sombra but they work out now. I don’t know about you guys, but I find Orisa to be an amazing hero! So I’ll give Blizzard credit for that, what’s not to love about Orisa? What I’m trying to say, is that this game was so full of life, but now when I look at the forums I see a lot of negative things, the most I’ve ever seen really. I’m not exempting myself from this, but I will say that the negativity is totally present.

I think we all just need to go, pick up some new games and wait this out. I think Blizzard isn’t that neglectful to the point where if people started leaving they wouldn’t care. I believe that this game can reach a good state again. I think for starters, they need to halt any sort of production of new heroes. They tend to throw off the balance and fairness of the game and I feel like they need more time to be refined in the PTR and with internal testing.

I think we can all agree that we could wait a little while longer for a new hero, just to fix the preexisting ones so that the game can be a fun experience again. Just have hope guys, and allllll your favorite youtubers will be making OW videos again when that happens. Blizzard will realize really soon when fan’s start to leave in large numbers. I have hope things will change.

Edit: Sorry about the paragraphs, I just like to spill my thoughts

2 Likes

I’ll be optimistic about this game when I can tank and heal without being stuck in the hell of solo tanking/solo healing, and when my teammates are guaranteed to be at the same skill bracket as me instead of someone who’s at least an entire rank lower when they’re filling a role they’re unfamiliar with.

Getting an actual story would be a huge help, too. Overwatch pulled in a significant amount of their playerbase in with cool characters and a great story premise, then never did anything with it.

Quick request. My brain is hurting from the lack of paragraph’s.

As for your call to positivity. I am with you.

1 Like

I love overwatch, I dont love playing overwatch. PvE was “the event” for me I look forward to each year, and thats not just me. I have multiple tips guides, ideas, concept topics on the forums and so much nerdy fandom I have aimed at this event cause of lore and PvE. It’s finnaly the chance to play the “heroes” not the smucks helping helpless hollywood director to his studio. They basically could random bot spawns on old maps and call it “new content” based upon what we got this year. The action cinematic was nice but not alot of lore and nothing but cryptic messages and cliffhangers with no relevance to anything in particular were interested in.

There is a small timeline of event you can see when you look at the big picture and name drops of people we havnt met yet, but to wait a whole year for more half-answer and subplot with no main-plot after three years. Well I dont know what to tell you other then I lost faith in the “game” entirely. I’m waiting on overwatch 2 and when this PvE event is done I’ll probably be playing other things until anniversary, then I’ll leave again and just watch the cinematics on youtube. Not like there anything to immerse myself in the game other then how much love/hate my team.

As optimistic as you sound, I think it’ll be very hard for Blizz to pull out of this downward spiral. Too many bad things have happened over a long period of time and so many irreparable damages have been done that it may be too late for a lot of former loyal OW players to return.

Hardly any streamers play anymore and they are moving onto other games. I have maybe 1 or 2 friends that barely play anymore. I know people don’t like hearing it but this is a slow and grueling death. Unless Blizz does something drastic, I think OW won’t be as popular as it was.

Louder for the people in the back.

1 Like

Agreed. Every game-as-a-service goes through hard times.

LoL did, Counter-Strike did, TF2 did, R6 Siege did.

I would actually argue that we need faster hero releases. That, alongside forced 2-2-2 role que, would make balance easier and faster, which would make this game great again.

I have about as much hope with this statement as I do with you editing your post to include paragraphs.

Basically next to none.

We’ve waited long enough for info and we get nothing.

Part of having and promoting a more positive attitude is understanding that overestimating displeasure with the game is a bad thing too. People who are pleased about something don’t feel the need to talk about it as much as people who are not pleased. The game ain’t on a downward spiral, it’s not irreperably damaged and it’s not dying just because some angry people on the forums say it is.

As Tracer says “prepare for the worst, hope for the best”.

I mostly play other games now but am open to returning to OW if things pick up again.

HOPE
(n.) The first step towards
disappointment.

:frowning:

1 Like

Unfortunately, you might be right. But, who knows.