Hateful and sexist players

One thing I’ve noticed is that if people use the report function to report people who haven’t really done anything wrong (like they were simply snarky or cheeky but not abusive) then it seems their reports are given much lower priority and on busy days may not get checked at all.

Even when they report genuine abuse because they expect it will be another report of a non-infraction.

Also how you report it is important.

If you report some abuse but you don’t say when it happened or if it was in voice or typed chat then that’s going to be a lot more work to search through.

If you say “at the end of the 2nd round” or “at the end of the game” or “in between each round” then that’s going to obviously go to the top of the priority pile as those will be much quicker to verify. They will have finite number of people with a finite amount of time to check a lot of reports.

Comments like “imagine playing Bastion on attack” is snarky and I don’t like it but it’s not abuse.

3 Likes

get out of voice chat and report them, that’s the only thing u can do
well avoid them

Please explain how getting harassed stops me from being harassed?

You are putting a bandage on a wound. We want to stop the wound.

Hey, why wear protective gear when we have the medical advances to fix it? Sheesh… Why not just get injured and the doctors will fix you up.

See, it doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

Can we do a role call of how many of these threads we’ve seen? For me I think I’ve seen about 20 that were memorable enough.

1 Like

I taught my daughter exactly what i told you, word only have power if you let them, people can say nasty mean things to you but if you dont let them hurt you they just become words, meaningless, people today are so hooked on words it is not funny, time to bring back the classic

Sticks amd Stones may break my bones, but Words will Never hurt me

4 Likes

Have any of those thread had any potential solutions in them? Or they all were like this one? Just curious

1 Like

i think at this point, 2 or 3 mega threads, and well over a hundred little threads

I mean, muting and blocking have no limit. It might be annoying to constantly hear it, but it’s avoidable, also duo with others, it’ll help a lot.

It seems you have a “main account” too?

Getting a limb torn off isn’t the same as a funny man shouting no no words at you.

Second they start talking crap just mute them, then theres no longer harassment, only silence. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Explain how you are suppose to play a constructive ranked game with half the team being toxic?

1 Like

Your victim blaming is disgusting. Periodt.

6 Likes

Um… Yes… Overwatch actively tried to solve the toxicity issue by introducing the Endorsement system.

Mute whoever is being toxic.

You act like you can do anything else otherwise, would you rather your mystical ban system remove them from your match so you get a 100% solidified loss?

4 Likes

Yeah, I should’ve agreed with everything said even if it makes no sense or an attempt for a potential witch hunt. Sure.

4 Likes

lets not get political here. your already losing an argument, id just leave.

4 Likes

Dude don’t bring up politics, you’re asking for a sh*t storm.

2 Likes

No… You were clearly victim blaming. Looks like a bit like fragility there.

You are allowed to disagree, but then don’t blame the victim. Don’t belittle an issue you’ve never had. (As you stated/implied above)

Its a comparison, how words can actually do harm. If others take offense… Well… I guess that just seems to prove a point, doesn’t it?

You didn’t come here as someone who’s against toxicity. You’re here because potential female players are being harrassed!
Even brought politics, yikes.
You didn’t bring anything useful, all you do is screaming for a magical pill that will solve all your problems. And you already have those - mute, report and avoid.

2 Likes

I find this so ironic.

The ones explaining clear emotional arguments are the ones calling the other people fragile.

Seems very hypocritical and ironic.

2 Likes