Hate Speech should cause an automatic timeout

What is the slippery slope in banning people for calling me the n-word? I’m fascinated as to why you think we need to protect these players.

None of these actually ban the player though. Not sure why you keep missing the point.

3 Likes

i have no clue what kind of people you usually play with if you hear slurs that often,then again i don’t play competitive and in qp people don’t talk that often,atleast in my experience.

Australia comp and qp is filled with this currently. Almost every game at around plat-diamond level.

Oup, well, I guess this is goodbye.

1 Like

[X] Doubt

20characters

usualy if someone goes out their way to constantly insult me in any way possible. i find it rather funny than actually offensive.

you can easily silence their voiice comm, and text is easily ignorable.
If they really go out their way to harras you, like constantly pming and messaging you during the round, sure,those people should get punished.

my assumption most people who bothered this much by some foolish people spewing nonsense out their mouths, are either pretty young or have really weak mentality/self confidence.

Call me old fashioned, but remember back in the day when games didn’t have report features and we just used the ignore function?

When someone’s going off on me I click the little ‘mute’ icon. Instant blissful silence

Before someone crams words in my mouth: I’m not saying people should be allowed to say what ever vulgarities they want. I’m saying instead of demanding Blizzard do all the work for us, how about we take some action into our own hands? We have various mute features for a reason.

1 Like

Call the bully hunters.

7 Likes

Bully_hunter77 joined the game.

5 Likes

I don’t have the power to ban people though. I would happily moderate various games’ chats and video feeds if Blizzard would let me.

1 Like

I’m not offended when people try to insult me. I understand the type of people who use this type of speech are quite young or ignorant. But I am constantly seeing friends and other players be referred to by racist and homophobic slurs and that bothers me a whole lot. No one should have to be attacked like that.

And more importantly, these people are essentially being told that its okay to say the things they do without any repercussions. Yes we can report and mute, but it barely works. And while muting does work, what’s to stop them from moving into the next game and forcing it upon others.

To some people it can be as easy as moving on and forgetting about it, but I have seen more times then I should when a homophobic or racist slur has caused someone to leave. That’s not okay.

3 Likes

No pls not you. This woud go wrong

3 Likes

If you’re not using slurs or threatening language, nothing to worry about. You’re not a toxic player, right?

4 Likes

No i saw you in other post and your logic is quite strange

2 Likes

Not justifying their behavior, but censorship wont stop that kind, they will find other ways if that’s what they’re really after.

overwatch is already pretty heavy on censorship, going further on whole community it just pointless.

You think the logic of “people should be banned for saying the n-word” is strange?

Mm.

4 Likes

This. And report as well.

I am more cocerned about borderline “Hate Speach”

Yes I find that very strange since many black people call themselves n-word all the time and this is not considered offensive at all.

The problem is that hate speech is not as clear cut as people like to think it is.

2 Likes

The only reason you could have for defending racist and homophobic communication in text is if you use those yourself.

Nope, I just don’t like the thought of chat being a mine field of say one word and boom.

1 Like