Hate messages and death threats from cheating

There is a line in the ToS that I do not feel like digging through, but its in all their games, but that says that they ban you or unban completely at their discretion and basically that they are the final arbiters.

2 Likes

I see, so Jeff called out cheaters and thus everyone is shaming them.

What did Jeff say?

Correct. Even if they didn’t detect any cheats, they can still ban you at their discretion, and what they do with your account is entirely up to them. Your account ultimately belongs to them, not you.

It makes it easier for them to ban people for unusual offenses that way. And it means that banned players have no legal ground to stand on if they try to take legal action against Blizzard.

He said:
"we detected and reviewed multiple cheats on this account.

goodbye"

2 Likes

it only added to the shaming, his stats scream cheater.
he is bronze dps but most of his hitscan stats are in the top 1% which doesnt seem right

Did he publicly say this? So Jeff publicly displayed accounts that are cheating?

I am a bit confused.

Yes. Here’s a link to the post:

3 Likes

I see, this clears up a lot of things.

So Stylosa, OW Police, and Your Overwatch made a whole video about this?

Not a lot for news channels to report on nowadays I suppose :grin:

2 Likes

Yup. They tend to latch onto any piece of news, however insignificant, if it involves a public statement from Jeff.

Here’s the whole story from the beginning:

A player was banned for cheating. After trying to appeal their ban with Customer Support (Who upheld the ban), they posted a forum thread claiming that they were innocent and falsely banned. Forumers who looked at this player’s profile noticed some very suspicious statistics; despite being a bronze DPS player with an abysmal winrate, this person had a weapon accuracy that rivaled Grandmaster players.

The banned player also made a blunder; he posted personal information including his Gmail and personal Discord server on the forums, giving the general public full access to both.

Eventually, Jeff came in and personally posted in the thread, saying that the account was found to be cheating and that they would be upholding the ban. After a while, the thread was locked. Then the player who got banned created a new thread, continuing to protest his innocence and complaining about receiving death threats.

So… here we are.

2 Likes

I see, thanks for catching me up.

True, though I would personally not waste my time calling out cheaters.

2 Likes

Well, if your job was getting paid to sit in front of a microphone and talk, you might change your tune. Not that I enjoy watching Overwatch news channels that post such dull, insignificant news.

2 Likes

Fair, though I am happy that is not my job.

Round two, huh?
You really want Jeff to come prove you wrong again?
Maybe you shouldn’t play the victim when you’re the predator.

:ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

3 Likes

You got caught cheating, for that there is no remedy whatsoever - you learn and don’t do it again. The fact that you’re still playing is evading a rightful ban and is in itself grounds for more bans.

If you are getting death threats I suggest reporting these to the host services like Discord and so on as well as your local police.

1 Like

Because it’s entertaining to read the salt. Even better when Jeff replies to them :eyes:

1 Like

Death threats etc are not cool, buuuuuuuuut we’ve all only got so much time in the day and cares to give. It’s unlikely anyone could be bothered caring about your plight seeing as Jeff verified you got banned for stuff installed rather than people flagging you as a cheat :man_shrugging:t2:

Bronze Damage, Diamond Support lol :roll_eyes:

Also victimless “positive attention” for the devs. Win win.

I don’t think he’s really trying to fool anyone, just that the only card left to play is flat out denial of everything. Think politicians denying stuff despite video evidence. It happened, but what are you gonna do…

“Crime cannot be tolerated. Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society’s understanding”

Ra’as al Ghul