Has forced 2-2-2 changes resulted into long queues?

The conclusion that the data you preach about is invalid

You’ve actually never provided any data in any discussion we have had. All you have done is told me to go to a completely different discussion you had with someone else and use that data.

1 Like

And why do you personally consider said data as invalid in the first place??

And even more importantly, do you have any actual data of your own that can even remotely contest all of the data that I’ve listed and prove the opposite conclusion??

2 Likes

And why exactly is that so?? That’s what both you and your friend have failed to give insight on in any of your discussions (conspiracy theories that you think ““disprove”” said data aren’t really enough for me to take you seriously by the way).

Because maybe all the data that exist concerning this subject happen to not be in - line with your fantasy of 2/2/2 role - lock being a ““disaster”” of a system??

I think that’s the answer to be honest…

Lying is one thing… Being bold about said lies is even worse…

I’ve brought up my data concerning this subject countless times in the past and I hope you’re trolling when you’re saying the opposite…

Funny enough, you are the ones who not even once have provided any actual evidence to prove your claims… :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

1 Like

there is no need for invalid data to be contested

it is after all invalid

2 Likes

Well, I can also call the earth flat, but without any actual evidence (your classic conspiracy theories won’t work here), it’s not really a mystery why people won’t take me seriously and will actually rightfully humiliate me.

This is exactly the situation you are in right now, Megadodo…

2 Likes

We have, many times

You are the one that has claimed a majority/minority so it is up to you to back that up with evidence

2 Likes

Once again, conspiracy theories about whether the devs are ego maniacs who would prefer for their multi - billion dollar game to sink rather than accept a simple mistake and fix it can’t really be considered as ““points”” to contest the above pieces of evidence…

And I have done so tons of times before. You on the other hand clearly disagree with these simple facts at the moment as it seems, but still you haven’t provided even one single piece of evidence of your own that supports your stance…

But I’m the one who doesn’t provide evidence for his claims, right??

The hypocrisy… :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

2 Likes

What “evidence”? I’m beginning the think you don’t have any since you have yet to show any

Yes, actually. Nowhere in this thread have you provided any semblance of “evidence” to back up your claim of a majority/minority.

It’s kinda hard to disprove something that doesn’t exist

2 Likes
  1. In one of the latest Developer Updates Jeff Kaplan himself said that 2/2/2 role - queue was overall a “positive” change.
  2. Here are some official developer quotes that were released a couple of months ago:

And even more importantly, here’s the point where the overall very positive opinion of the majority of the game’s player base is touched upon:

1. I have to admit this isn’t such a trustworthy source, but just the fact that the grand majority of the unofficial polls created in social places as historically negative for some reason as these Forums have surprisingly shown 2/2/2 role - lock to be a clear winner amongst fans, with the different concensus sometimes even touching 3:1 in favor of the system really says a lot

I have provided these 3 same points dozens of times before, but once again I’m the one I guess who hasn’t provided any evidence to prove his points… :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Anyways… I’m sure you’ll now begin with your classic conspiracy theories of how all of the above evidence is "“invalid”"and the like.

But, one truth still stands… Until you come up with any amount of your own actual evidence which proves your apparent opinion that the majority of the player base actually somehow dislikes 2/2/2 role - lock, then it’s more than difficult to take you and anything that you say seriously…

When you actually bring up this evidence, I will be ecstatic to have a conversation with you and who knows… Maybe I’ll be the one in the wrong at the end of the day, something that I’ll gladly accept and move on.

Until that day though in the future, I think we should stop this conversation and you should stop replying to my comments in general, as they’ll always devolve to a tiring monologue like this one with the exact same conclusion every single time…

Either way, have a nice rest of the day! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Where’s the data?

Where’s the data?

Exactly, because there is no data provided

The quotes you use provide no stats, no data, no evidence, nothing.

1 Like

Depending on rank. But my Q times for tank is the same as it was without RQ.

I just meant that month before role queue where the queue times were 5 seconds or less. Personally, if my tank queues is more than 2 minutes, I cry. The only reason I clicked it was to not wait.

Well technically I wait several minutes. Till I filter enough games that I actually can play in. So when I want an actual balanced game. It could take 6 minutes.

It is evidence.

It is evidence.

That last point is nothing else but a logical thought, subject to interpretation… That’s exactly why I don’t consider it a trustworthy source even myself, I just quoted it in order to provide all of the points I’ve made throughout these past months.

They are all pieces of evidence in the style of official developer statements based on data collected by the devs themselves.

They’re by far the most trustworthy source, for the time being at least concerning this subject, but of course, if you have absolutely any actual evidence that even supports a different conclusion than the above points, then you’re more than free to start listing them here.

Finally, I find it a bit hypocritical that you 2/2/2 role - lock haters all keep bringing up the official developer statement Jeff made years ago that most of the matches pre - 2/2/2 role - lock were actually in the 2/2/2 format and keep considering it as a fact without a grain of salt, but keep being in such a ridiculous denial concerning the above points… :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

2 Likes

What data was collected? Where was this official poll made by the devs? Did they go into the minds of everyone and get their opinions without anyone knowing?

It’s sad when your only source of “evidence” doesn’t involve any data or statistics.

1 Like

I don’t know how to answer any of these questions. The devs collected the data, reached a clear conclusion and posted it out to the world, end of story.

But now that we’re in this subject, have you even asked these questions when Jeff was claiming that the majority of matches pre - 2/2/2 role - lock was in a 2/2/2 format??

Yeah… That’s what ai thought…

It’s sad that when your only source of “evidence” of your disagreement to simple facts for the time being doesn’t even exist in the first place…

1 Like

How did they get this data though? I don’t recall an official Blizzard Poll, do you?

That’s based on actual numbers that are set in stone, not opinions.

Your “evidence” is just another baseless claim

1 Like

Yes Role Queue has split the community. Another thing that further divided the community was the introduction of ban pools with its limitations. But with the advent of the experimental Open Queue, it might bring back those who we’ve lost from the transition and it might reduce the DPS queue time for Role Queue players. But sadly Open Queue atm isn’t recognized and the mode isn’t in the main menu which effects the numbers playing it.

1 Like

Nah, it won’t.

Blizzard can add all the cards they want. Bury “Classic” in arcade, even add “Experimental” to the main menu. Doesn’t matter – it’s not the main game and will never be considered by most in a 4 year old game.

Not at all. I saw a ton of people playing gunbreaker when it launched. The role was fun, looked and sounded(literally, you felt like a DMC character) fun. The numbers crashed when they “nerfed” the gunbreaker’s sound(now you feel like using wet noodles).

Sigma, while fun at launch did not look or sound fun. Dva and Hog are always picked because they feel/ look/sound fun. It is satisfying to do the Dva Zoomies. Hog mains loooove the hook, despite it’s flaws.

Sigma does not have that. His grasp can scratch the same ich as DM. His shield now feels clunky, making plays like the one in his trailer too risky, turning it into a less satisfying Rein shield. His rock is about to be nerfed again, and we have a ton more characters have better and more fun knockoffs, like Orisa. The only fun and unique thing about him is his ult. And that is saying something. Sigma also came from a kit that was supposed to be from a much more hyped(and more fun looking) character.

Now, compare this to Echo. No other Dps have bombs like her’s. Her beam is highskill and satisfying to use. Her flight is way different from Pharah’s and Mercy’s. She has duplicate, where she can be literally anyone else. She is a hyped character, with a slick design(even if her face is creepy af, and would be better without it).

_So ye TLDR: don’t just make tanks/supports. Make FUN tanks/supports. People will come if you do. If you don’t then… _