Has Blizzard acknowledged aiming problems?

I believe my testing showed that part of the issue is that hitscan damage registers half a second off from when the mouse is clicked.

On top of this, I believe what I noticed is some heroes when aiming during full auto shooting, the aim is being auto corrected in a way that literally fights mouse movement. If I shoot with soldier and try aiming by both pulling down vertically, while adjusting to a character’s movement side to side horizontally, it seems my mouse movement is not following where it should.

There is a lot of talk on redidit and a few threads in the blizzard forums discussing this. It seems that the aim assist for console players is bleeding through into pc users games taking away the raw imput off the mouse. there has been a “few band-aid fixes” that some players have found but when i use the fixes it reverts back to the same raw imput problem only mere minutes later. Blizzard has not even acknowlwdged that this is an issue as of yet and it’s starting to make the game unplayable

Have you tried -

1. Turning Off: Aim smoothing in Controller Settings
  2. Turning On: Enable High Precision Mouse Input under Gameplay - General

Very weird thing, but people like jay3 have pointed out that apparently the Controller settings are bleeding out to Mouse Input, and 1. should fix it.

I believe 2. will fix the issue with your hitscan registering half a second off.
More info here New Feature – High Precision Mouse Input (Gameplay Option)

no, none of the proposed fixes completely fixes the issue. Some folks believe that it is an aim smoothing controller bleed through. I don’t find that it’s an aim smoothing issue, to me it feels more like an aim ease in problem because the feature of aim ease in is to help make controller users cross hair adhere more consistently to the target while tracking, and that’s exactly what it feels like but it’s forcing mouse users to fight against the pull that its creating and that’s what is causing the floating feeling … as far as the delay of shots hitting and in some cases whiffing… that is something i can’t explain and i don’t know if that is stemming from this issue or not. whatever the issue revolves around whether its smoothing or aim ease in, the bottom line is the aim assist for controllers is being pushed on mouse and keyboard players… i have no idea how it’s bleeding through but it is causing alot of players some serious issues and in alot of instances makes the game unplayable for them