Harsh realities of overwatch

The summer game didn’t maintain the standard cosmetics though. We got less skins, 1 emote, a handful of voice lines. I play events for the cosmetics. This summer games was disappointing because it showed they were really slacking on content by not just 1 or 2 items but a lot. The standard was set to be a lot more than that

Brigitte. That’s literally all of the problems in the game right now.

apple isnt known for its customer service

what bug is ever intended? If it’s intended it’s a feature.

they have been fixing and improving it. you just disagree with what they’re doing probably because of how you view the game personally

makes fundamentally bad decisions

“you’re just saying that because anything you say can arbitrarily be denoted as an Opinion because you yourself do not have all the information that blizzard refuses to release to the public and thus no one can make an educated statement, or opinion, about the game. I wont listen to ANYONE unless Jeff himself comes to me and says “the game is actually bad and we messed up in terms of design”.”

(tldr) makes logical fallacy

now lemme argue against you using your own words?

I-is ThAt A vIeWpOiNt???!!!

So you get to make view points but I cant?

So bug fixes aren’t fixes?
Reworks aren’t attempts at fixing things that simple changes wont fix?
Balance changes aren’t changes to better the game?

that’s not a view point it’s a fact. it’s still being updated and fixed.

Told ya Unauthorized Third-party Software

cool

glad they finally decided to download Visor.gg after a month or two of people debating about it while the debate is far gone.

Time to report stylosa for cheating in overwatch.
jk.

I’m sorry what?

You say the game’s not dead?
R-Its true it ain’t dead but we have never seen this bad of a decline. Even fot a game just losing hype. Not dead yes. Declining? Of course.

You say balancing is a minor issue?

R-Its a common gaming industry practice. While perfect balance is near impossible to achieve it is still a goal sought out by many a developer. It is not just a thing for gaming it is a philosophy on development and a game’s growth. It should alway be the goal yo imptove the player/customer experience. So no balancing is not minor. It is a basic common practice that all companies should strife for.

You say the devs care?

R-We barely have any dev player relationship here. Did they listen the Mercy petitions? Did they listen when people didn’t want Hammond the Hamster? Did they listen for half a year with a gamebreaking sym bug? Do they listen when we use the ptr abd report bugs? Then why does it take almost ten times as long for them to fix these issues and why do we still havr bugs from the very beginning? They broke promises added features we didn’t want. Still haven’t fixed abusive practices or their horrid reporting bot system. They. Don’t listen. And you’re feeding them blindly. For no effort low quality shoddy work. And they’re suppose to work for us! Not for their wallets!

You say events are all equally hated abd loved?

R-Dude…just compare last year’s summer games to this year’s…are you insane? Also how will they topple the skins they’re already created? They out of ideas and still haven’t made a story mode or a permenent game mode for us! Still! For two years!

You talk about paywall?

R-Dude…what paywall? You pay 40 to 60 bucks just to purchase the game and play it freely. Yet the catch is the addictive content of lootboxes. When that was losing sales they offer bundles for overpriced cosmetics items such as the all star skins the blizzcon skin pink mercy and a lucio emote. A fricking emote!!! Just recently added which begs the theory that with the decline lootbox sales went under and they needed yk upkeep revenue so boom. Otherwise you explain to me why these bundles are suddenly taking over the game.

Gamr. Set. Match.

Id you’re gonna provide a case provide everything. Because you are just being completely biased and blindsided.

reads like someone who just looked at the bolded sections…and badly at that since i didnt say half the things you claim i said

nice entitlement there…they probably feel real good doing it too given how we respond to them around here…theyre probably chomping at the bit to do more for us

Yeah its alright man keep feeding into and abusive relationship man.

Ignire the issue oush me aside and keep patting them on the backfor stealing money from your wallet.

When you come around and see the issues that need fixing for both you and me maybe then we’ll see a change for the better.

i mean theyre really bad at stealing my money…pretty sure ive spent 0 on it (friend gifted me the game 2 years ago)

Try the lootboxes. I hear they’re to die for.

Europe certainly thinks so.

you mean the completely optional lootboxes that governments just outlawed meaning that companies (not just blizz) are now going to have to change to systems that will probably results in users having to spend more in the long run?

those lootboxes?

Yes the “gamblinf system” which begs the question of why ever change the game when the game feeds itself off individuals with low self control and gambling addictions with access to money.

You never spent a penny on this game and yet somehow have the gull to tell everyone to stop complaining because unlike you we paid hard earned cash to buy a copy?

I really hope you’re as grateful to your gifters for giving you this game as you are at praising one of the biggest gaming companies on the planet.

Because the harsh cold truth is.

They can do better. Because they are who they are and you don’t want that.

The money resources the manpower the talent and skills.

Ask for more because they can give more.

Why settle for no effort low quality slack bear bones game content meant to keep us content while still siphoning money from others.

You’re having fun but I think you just deny and refuse to see the other side and what it can do for you.

Gaming can be better. Yet you give them every excuse that much smaller companues do not have the room to throw at their playerbases.

Why? Maybe you’re in love with the label. Idl. Maybe you just adore Overwatch too much because it was designed to be as addicting as it can be? Idk.

But the fact of the matter is things haven’t been getting better but need to. And content and forcing true frustrated customers to be silent is wrong period.

I remembered a food analogy that more or less showed the burger being disgusting and tasting like crap. And telling the cook that the burger tasted like crap and him saying “it tastes fine to me. you must be eating it wrong.”

there is no entitlement my dude.
Blizzard is a company that is profit driven.
They ultimately are not going to make games for themselves. they’re going to make games that are appealing to a massive audience.

Sorry but they work on the game constantly…you just don’t like what theyve done…you want something else and expect them to give you that …that’s called entitlement my friend

I would ask you to check out my other thread on all the times they “haven’t listened” to their audience as you put it…but you’d probably poo poo that too…because they haven’t specifically done the things you care about…

its appeal is near unanimously bad.

In fact most of blizzards products are being treated with neglect and the desire for money.

the recent wow expansion, hearthstone, hots was like this at some point and now overwatch.

This is not entitlement when blizzard themselves are neglecting their products across the board.

and they’re probably being neglected, ran by b teams, for the new diablo game.

the only way I’ll excuse anything they’ve recently done for overwatch is if at blizz con they release an expansion pack of some kind.

Is that so? Cause that doesn’t sound completely speculative AT ALL or soaked in any bias whatsoever…

you think im SPECULATING?
lol
ok
let me put it to you like this then.

The new wow expansion has bugs on top of bugs.
Hearthstone has an insta win card thats purely in the game to make people pay over a hundred bucks in cards and STILL maybe not even get the card and when someone has it and plays it, there’s no real counter to it. they just win

HOTS had to be completely reworked from the ground up due to complete bad design out the get go.

Overwatch again has been neglected. casual players only really had one game mode the whole game, quick play.
“b-but arcade mode”.
Its just quick play “but with a twist”.
The only other game mode that is available outside of an event is capture the flag. and they routinely swap it out.
the comics for inexplicably no reason stopped being made. (hope a lore announcement happens maybe via an expansion. Otherwise i wont tolerate any other reason for the comics to stop)
And to top it off, bugs are piling up in the game and is effectively ruining comp every now and then.

If you think this is bias, then gg, no point in talking to u my fam.

The first is what people call an opinion…you going to use the complaint bin (aka the forums) as your evidence?

And then you defended the second by pointing out a NEW EXPANSION has bugs…overwatch has bugs (which they apparently NEVER work on)…rework HOTS (a rework as a sign of neglect…think about it)…a NEW DIABLO game…(I can’t comment on hearthstone cause I’ve literally only played maybe 2 hours of 2 years ago I know nothing of how that game plays really)…I’d love to hear your Starcraft opinion…it’s made for Koreans only?

And you also threw in something about casual players not having options when you could easily point out that everything in game is a casual mode outside of comp…(oh no they rotate or you have to create it)

I repeat…not soaked in bias…AT ALL