Hard SR reset needed

This is how it should have been from the start.

not tottaly true, blizzard rigs games in such a way that you maintain a 50% winrate. you can win 5 games in a row even when you are inting because you got good players, then lose 5 games in a row after that even after pure try harding because you get bad players.

climbing out of masters is like the hardest thing to do because the matchmaking their is rigged at its finest. at lower elos if you are turbo smurfing you can just play a carry hero and win games but not in high masters

1 Like

didnt the SR got reset when role queue was launched?
I believe it was a soft reset

Any MMR reset would be measurably worse than using the existing data. Look at the time they accidentally didn’t use previous season’s SR, and Choi placed gold. Probably the best off-tank in the world was in in gold! It would be a disaster, and would take months to correct. And 99% of players would end up back where they started anyway.

Just because someone in your game had a bad match or didn’t pick every hero you wanted at every moment, does not make them ‘boosted’.

See my other posts in this thread.

1 Like

Hard resets don’t actually benefit anybody. The only people who advocate for it are low ranks who think they are better than they really are. But in reality if they were better they would climb up the ladder naturally. Cue incoming excuses why they are not.

I see it far far more from GM players convinced that anyone playing a healer that isn’t Lucio Zen or Ana, is actually gold and somehow cheated their way up the ranks.

Nah a hard sr reset would only make the game miserable for all involved.

Like as a fellow support main I get that it can feel like climbin is impossible but I’ve made that climb from 2500->3200~ several times, solo queing, almost always exclusively playing mercy, on this account. I’m currently in the middle of that exact climb, sitting at about 2800~.

Lord knows when I started comp back in 2016 I wasn’t good, hell, I was a d.va main at first, back when she had a cooldown on DM instead of any resource meter. I was in what translated to gold, I think, in season 1 (32) on an old account. My tankings definitely improved to solid plat.

Furthermore, we also experienced a brief rise in bad matches on psn because of people returning to the game after not playing for sometimes years because of quarantine. met a lotta people who had never seen Sigma, Ashe, moira, brigitte, Baptiste or ball etc. bc they left after X character’s release. worst case was a zarya who hadn’t played since Sombra’s release. They for all intents and purposes had the chance to define their SR and wooooo lord that messed up games.

When you feel like it’s impossible to climb any more that means you’re playing at your skill level. If you were given an account 2000 SR lower, you would be back to your current SR without much effort.

Absolute rubbish.

Your rank is based on how often you get stuck with bad players. The awful role queue just made that worse as it made it impossible to influence a game thats got a couple of bad players in it.

ty, now i understand why i was hardly punished by matchmaking from my 3200 to 1800 rating by giving me complete braindamaged teammates in 9 of 10 games for 3 weeks

that is just false, i see a lot of low ranked players that play very good, and a lot of very high ranked players that play like trash

Some people don’t actually know how the MMR system works and what the effects would be, lets see if this analogy helps.

A hard MMR reset is the equivalent of destroying a castle and then using the exact same designs/blueprints to rebuild it:
Its barely going to change anything (one brick being there or nearby), and makes everyone lose its time.

Makes no sense, doesn’t work like people think it will and it will make the adjustment period a living hell where masters get matched up with silvers and bronzes till all works properly again.

That’s utter nonsense. The “forced (rigged) 50/50” myth has crystallized (I want to say born, but that is not quite accurate) out of a Dev post explaining that the matchmaker tries to match players numerically to give either team as close to a 50% chance of winning as possible, which the primary job of any such system. The ELO Hell truthers and conspiracy theorists saw that, twisted its meaning (either on purpose, or in most cases through sheer stupidity and lack of reading comprehension) to their purposes, and ran with it ever since.

Ergo, if you find yourself in a place where you’re consistently performing at around 50% win ratio over a considerable amount of time, you are at your appropriate skill rating.

1 Like

I’d like to see it happen for the OW2 launch. I just think it would be nice to start off the new game with a clean slate, maybe an overhaul to competitive seasons as a whole. Otherwise, I don’t think there would be enough of a benefit to bother with it before then.

Do you think maybe we maintain a 50 percent win rate because that rank is where we deserve to be???

Problem with a hard reset is…

Placement matches are bad so you are going to end up with millions of bronzes/top500 all thrown together in plat

idk about others, but I feel like SR on open queue is “new” compared to role queue. like I found my open queue sr more volatile. tho I’ve only done placements on there soooo :eyes:

Placement matches are not nearly enough to correctly assess the SR of a player … and that’s taking into account that you have another ELEVEN players that already have a sort of accurate SR.

If you do an MMR reset, the system would probably take ages to properly get your SR/Rank correctly. Like literally months of living hell.

#NoReset4MMR

PS: Open Queue SR is not new for players that already played competitive before Role Queue is implemented. Its literally THAT internal MMR. Theres no assessment at all.

No your rank is based on where you belong. You are the SR you belong at based on your own play. If you play well you will rank up. If you play poorly you will rank down.

If you are a little better than your SR winning 60% of your games is very doable. If you are >500 better than your SR than I would expect around 70-75%. This is from a LOT of practical experience by the way.