HARD counters are BAD for the game

If you have hero X and they have hero Y and hero X is so countered by hero Y that you’re probably going to lose, that’s not healthy for the game. How many times have you been in a game and you have a Widow one trick (pick any hero) and they just get dived by Winston/DVA/Genji all game and you lose? This is an extreme example where the combination of 3 heros counter a character.

Now think about Winston vs Genji or McCree vs Pharah. The existence of Winston or McCree doesn’t mean Genji or Pharah really NEED to swap. Not think of Brig and Tracer. The mere existence of Brig means Tracer probably has to swap. The burst heal on dive targets and armor means Tracer is going to have a hard time even if Brig does ZERO damage to Tracer.

This game is too reliant on teamwork that when HARD counters exist, you just get a big fat L whenever you get a one trick on your team and it’s not a fun way to lose.

3 Likes

SOMEONE just watched Seagull’s latest video.

3 Likes

Believe it or not I had this typed out before seeing his video. His video just validated my thoughts.

1 Like

This is something that’s in almost everyone’s minds. Seagull just has a good platform to say it.

With that said, Tracer is insanely good at everything she does with not enough proportional risk. Yeah, she has 150 hp, but recall, small hitbox, very high mobility plus able to put damage withougt having to get too close is REALLY strong.

I agree Brig went overboard… and there should not be that hard of a counter.

1 Like

If Blizzard devs would play their own games instead of stupid mobile games… /feelsbadman

1 Like

Uh, what do you mean damage without having to get too close? There’s maybe 5 heros (rein Winston brig reaper dva—and only one of these is the same category as tracer) with useful damage range shorter than hers.