Hanzo takes very little skill

Next thing you know, people will start calling Widowmaker “Low-skill High-Reward. Just click in the enemy’s general direction and boom one guy’s dead”

9 Likes

lol no
widow actually has to aim
and her bullets have a reasonable hitbox, unlike hanzo

5 Likes

Is this bait? :thinking:

1 Like

his skill floor has reduced dramatically. spamming arrow head level all game and you can be more effective than any other dps hero.

6 Likes

still takes skill… just not as much as before.

Troll confirmed.

18 Likes

I disagree - I tried to get on the Hanzo train and was pretty mediocre at him!

Probably just me being too used to hitscan heroes though…

hahahah i was waiting for someone to comment this
just cause its the 2nd smallest projectile (after ana) doesnt mean that its not huge, and about 5 times bigger than a hitscan bullet :slight_smile:

shoot a tracer in her chest and it will register as a headshot i guarantee u

the problem is not that the arrows are huge, the problem that they take no skill to land and they do 250 damage

4 Likes

That title is not true at all.
Sure, he takes less skill with his new ability, but he still requires decent accuracy to play.

1 Like

Hanzo and Genji actually have some of the smaller projectile hitboxes in the game.
Hitscan hitboxes might also be a little more forgiving than you think :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Source?

And still projectiles are harder to hit than hitscan.
Hitscan requires no consideration for arc and travel time.

5 Likes

So it’s 5x bigger than the size of a pin needle? That’s so HUGE! sarcasm

1 Like

This is just false. The headshot hitbox of most characters is generous above the head, not below it.

Also, hitscan hitboxes are not 5 times smaller than the smallest projectile hitbox.

If you actually look into this stuff I think you’ll be a lot less mad.

6 Likes

its because when u play a hero like hanzo or junkrat u have to have a different mindset than when ur playing a hero that requires aim like lets say solider.
ur mindset when playing hanzo is to just spam shots in their general direction
ur cursor should never be at the enemys head, exepect in close range

Hanzo and Junkrat take little skill to be effective… True, but the same can be said about a lot of characters. Being effective merely means being able to do their job.

For DPS, that’s dealing consistent damage, which can easily be accomplished via spam for all of the DPS minus Widow and Tracer, perhaps Doomfist.

For Tanks, that’s just blocking damage and drawing attention for your DPS to do damage… Easy enough, considering tanks are the largest characters. Just walk around and stay alive close enough to draw damage.

For healers? Wow, just heal people who’re getting low on health.

Being effective doesn’t equate to being skilled. Every character has little tricks one needs to learn and get used to. Be it properly angling a grenade to bounce perfectly into a team or single character, or getting the proper timing to let loose a shot to get that sweet headshot as Widow.

You are a clear troll because you have no idea how to play Hanzo. GG

Oh a Tracer Main. Of course. Makes sense now

6 Likes

i can see that alot of people here are mad because of the truth
just because u dont agree with me doesnt mean than im trolling

1 Like

Sounds like you’re mad because you are dying to Hanzo as Tracer

2 Likes

Hmmm I agree that a different play-style is required but spamming randomly? That’s basically what I’m doing now and having little impact as a result.

I think these heroes need better mastery of prediction and leading targets to get their full effectiveness from them but I’m sure seasoned players can drop a few tips from the noobs (me) here :slight_smile:

The better way to say it would be Hanzo takes considerably less skill then before.