Hanzo‘s Arrow Hitbox

it was confirmed he is tied with the smallest, so it’s likely theyre the same size.

2 Likes

She doesn’t.

1 Like

She’s does and torbs hit box is smaller too on this primary

2 Likes

I think it’s fine. Hanzo is going to hit you with his arrows and you will always think his hit box is big. It really isn’t but that is what you think when you run into a “log”

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/hanzos-arrows-hitboxes-needs-nerf-in-size/17397/16?u=deykar-2772

8 Likes

No, she doesn’t.

1 Like

I said they’re smaller not bigger.

Google it

remember: some people think there’s a conspiracy to protect hanzo’s arrow hitboxes.

1 Like

No projectile is smaller than Hanzo’s arrows so that statement is factually wrong, if you’re saying Ana’s un-scoped shots are smaller than her own scoped shots then that’s also wrong, projectiles are always larger than hitscan.

Either way you’re wrong.

I’m just glad this thread was made so people can say Hanzo takes no skill because of the size of his hitbox.

https ://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753726983

There u go

3 Likes

I think it stems from latency and Hanzo’s arrows making 90 degree turns when they hit you sometimes because of it, It creates the illusion they’re much larger than they actually are so you’d never know unless you actually play him.

Meanwhile you’re trying to use anecdotal evidence to try and argue with a developer…

2 Likes

K well it’s pretty minor in the overall scope of things so I’m willing to agree to disagree

If you look on overbuff at Hanzo’s damage, select “last 6 months”, and compare it to “this week”. His damage has increase by 20% in GM, and 16% collectively as an average across all tiers.

You need to factor in that Brigitte comps makes heros simply more bulky which is why teamfights last longer and you have to dish out more damage til something dies.

1 Like

You can take that into account sure, however his dps is up in the top 3~4 at the moment, plus he has the ability to one shot.

I think the projectile speed increase to 100m/s was a MASSIVE buff.

2 Likes

Because he does burst which is better against armor than sustained damage over multiple bullets. Junkrat is also pretty good against this meta despite the nerfs.

I agree. Needs to be nerfed

Widow also does burst dmg - overall her dmg is 60% of Hanzo’s averaged across all tiers, and 55% of Hanzo’s in GM.
Where do we expect the sniper class to sit damage wise? Do we expect them to have damage as high as Bastion, junkrat, and pharah?

I feel like with Hanzo’s role now steps on the toes of Mcree and Soldier - except that he is way better - he has the ability to one shot, and can do huge burst damage to tanks with rapid fire, he is also fantastic close range now - where close range is normally a weakness for snipers.

His winrate has also increased significantly since the rework - up 6% at least.

Personally I feel like they either need to lower the projectile speed - or lower his dmg such that he isn’t a sniper class capable of one shotting, but more in line with Mcree’s dmg.

1 Like

please dont forgett that this thread was not about his max damage output.
its about accuracy. if you have faster arrows you get better in accuracy, if so, they could make the hitbox smaller (just a bit)