Hanzo once again receives a baby nerf

Cool but he still has zero weakness aside from hanzo players adapting to the new arrow speed.

143 Likes

Yeah I don’t know what the heck they’re thinking.

His damage should have been nerfed or Storm Arrows should have been unable to crit. something more than this.

102 Likes

This partially reverts one of the most egregious changes they ever made to a hero. Hanzo’s arrows being so fast completely removed a consistency advantage of hitscan heroes, smashing the balance in the favor of the projectile hitbox vs hitscan speed.

He still needs a much bigger lunge cooldown and storm arrow nerf, but this is a very good change.

39 Likes

I like that Baptiste gets three pretty significant nerfs while Hanzo, who is dominating dps roster as much as Baptiste is dominating the support roster in GM, gets this. No change to SA or lunge, no nerf to his one shot ability… he’s more or less going to be able to continue as before.

71 Likes

It’s just more spray and prey.

5 Likes

10% is not a baby nerf…

8 Likes

Just nerf the damage to his primary so he cant one shot ffs

22 Likes

Jeff: “We’re TAKING A LOOK at Hanzo!”

25 Likes

That nerf is a joke right

11 Likes

People in that thread are saying that the numbers look off. Maybe it’s a transcription error and the nerf is going to be more significant than it looks at first glance?

People absolutely called that he’d get a slap on the wrist at worst lol

15 Likes

Good? I prefer Hanzo still being good than lower skill floor hero.
But the speed nerf is indeed confusing, since when it becomes 125 m/s.

Plz blizzard stop those joke nerfs… we cant play two months more with a broken hanzo.

Put dmg fallout or reverse dmg fallout on hanzo and stop this joke.

7 Likes

not agreeing in storm arrow being the problem but a nerf of his arrow speed is also a nerf to storm arrows which has always fired instantly but also follow his base missile speed, aiming those rapid shots just became double as difficult, not like you would be able to notice but yeah

The ironic part is that the discussion on the PTR thread has come to the conclusion that the Hanzo change is a typo. They think that the “projectile speed” is a mistake, because his current arrows supposedly aren’t even that fast anyway. They think it’s his damage, since the 125 number DOES match his damage.

So much for restoring balance between projectile and hitscan.

Edit 1: A correction

2 Likes

Interesting theory.

Could this not be easily tested on PTR?
(I don’t know if it’s up and running, but I can test it right now.)

I didn’t check myself. I also wouldn’t know how to clock projectile speeds. But I think the PTR discussion mentioned that the PTR itself isn’t up yet. I could be mistaken about that though; don’t take my word for it.

The feel for Hanzo’s is pretty distinct since his arrows curve downwards more if the projectile speed is lower, so if you can just hop on the ptr and check! I’d do it myself but I’m still at the office for another half hour lol

It is not 10%, it is reduced by 15 units. And, well, I like the nerf, but it is relatively small.

I am not surprised. Hanzo is one of their favorite heroes for whatever reason.

2 Likes

As they say, “deserves ain’t got nothin’ to do with it”…