Hanzo is Literally Based on RNG

Title. Let me explain myself before all you Hanzo mains and all the people that already hate me flag this for trolling or spam… :anger:

The success of you playing Hanzo is based on a RNG. It works like this:

Charge of bow * hitbox * distance = chance of hitting enemy :thinking:

The charge is just like Widowmaker’s. It is capped at 100%. Hanzo’s hitboxes are huge. He shoots tree trunks. And don’t tell me it isn’t. I have tested it and done measurements on the training bots, and you can be 1.5cm above a bots head and it still counts as a head shot.

h ttps://plays.tv/video/5b2713c7190cf2de41/mmhhmmm-totally-fair-and-legit-hit-boxes

By the way, that is my video, that I personally recorded for this thread.

Yep. Definitely the smallest projectiles in the game. He really needs a nerf. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Its the playermodels, not his projectiles. Test it with McCree and see your results.

1 Like

the hitboxs of the characters are bigger than their silhoettes, you can test this with genji/widowmaker

Its not the size of his arrows its the size of the characters hitbox. I tested with widow. you can shot just above her head and still kill her. But if you hit her chin it counts as body. ( tested it with widow v widow). Its not the arrows size that is the problem its the size of all character models hitboxes. Also if you shoot at a tank well of course your going to hit most the time. XD can’t miss them really.

you just dont notice it as much with hitscan because…their shots are like…pixels big

The formula you wrote is nonsensical

It’s inversely proportional to distance, not the other way around.

Longer travel time = less arrow vertical drop

Firstly, the second you can attribute a formula to it it isn’t RNG.

Secondly:

Stop trying to perpetuate this stupid rumor.

It is definitely RNG as to whether or not you are going to get the phantom arrow glitch and have a headshot that does not register. That is for sure. Great point.

In all seriousness, Hanzo’s arrows are not RNG, they are forgiving and enemies tend to walk into them when trying to evade and whatnot; however, that is literally not RNG. Random, perhaps. But not RNG.

You do realise player hitboxes are flat out bigger for projectile attacks right?

You do realize it’s a huge exaggeration to call his hitboxes “logs” right? Obviously anything with a hitbox is going to be a lot bigger than a pixel perfect hitscan attack.

Did you even read what I wrote?

I said the PLAYER hitboxes are much bigger for projectile attacks, meaning projectile heroes have a bigger target to hit than hitscan heroes do.

You do realize what RNG stands for, right? You ran a test, and found you could consistently headshot a training dummy firing an arrow above the visual representation of its head. That’s not random in any way. As a poster above me rightly pointed out, once you can apply a consistent formula to something, it’s no longer RNG.

RNG would be if you shoot at the head and sometimes get a headshot, sometimes a body shot, and sometimes miss entirely.

Here’s the thing with Hanzo’s arrows

The actual projectile size might be small

But I suspect that their length also plays a role in it

Meaning, if you are moving and you touch any part of the flying arrow, it will still count as a shot.

1 Like