Hanzo is getting a nerf

You mean like must pick really + good win rate…Guess who else has this

Again… please learn how statistics work before spamming the same argumentum ad nauseam of “pick rate” and “win rate”

I raise you “skew”

That is how statistics work

Go to over buff for this week. Then look at hanzo. So many heroes have been nerfed having stats like that in the upper tiers.

Tracer, Genji, Brigitte ect ect

1 Like

In order for this game to be balanced correctly, you need to pick one end of the spectrum and go with it. Either balance around us potatoes or balance around the Pros. Trying to do both at the same time will mangle the game.

I’m of the opinion that the game should be balanced around those of the highest skill.

This.

What are we, chopped liver? Hanzo needs a change to his Inner McCree.

3 Likes

Honestly, at this point, I don’t know if I’m more excited for a Hanzo nerf because it means I can play the game again or because I will get to watch Shadowbanes reaction to it.

4 Likes

Except its not.

A.) Pick Rate and Win Rate are zero indication of Balance as they are skewed.
B.) performance stats are indication of balance. For performance, on the stats relative to his role, and on the stats where he is performing over others, its barely. There are even metrics where he is performing worse than other DPS. This makes him objectively balanced. So according to the facts, and by your own ideology, Zarya, D.VA, Pharah, and quite a few others will be getting massive nerfs well before Hanzo.

We can make it even easier.

McCree got nerfed hard because his Fan of the hammer was too good against tanks. Guess who now has basically the same ability doing the same thing.

It’s coming. so get ready

4 Likes

LOL, this post is not even about Hanzo, it’s about how you see Blizz react to advice.
1.You guy sticking to an evidence that Blizz ALSO TOOK ADVICE FROM MULTIPLE PRO PLAYER/ CASTER/ COACH more than they also took advice from COMMUNITY.
2. OWL and Contender also play with the older 1-2 patch than us. The big change is not going to the leage for at least 2-3 stage because sudden change affect a lot to stragety. Just because 2s now all the PRO is the little whining kid that making Money from this game. PLS, for the love of god WATCH AND REMEMBER A LITTLE ABOUT FROUM POST PLS.
3.The reason why the pro can affect to the game change more because they can direct contact to the staff, but still the game dev still have to listen to the community. And the community does complain about that ridiculous hack and Blizz put it to the Leage way to fast so they have to tone her down, more carefull about the patch that the pro will play in the future now.

There are 14-15 DPS heroes and only 6 supports. In addition, one of those supports is meta-defining and therefore all but mandatory to form the current meta composition. On top of that, said meta defining support is also overtuned. Yet despite that, Hanzo is still picked more than Brigitte in GM right now.

If you don’t think that indicative of a hero being overtuned, I don’t know what to tell ya. His abilities being fresh and new alone don’t explain that. Brigitte is also new.

She should be getting picked more than him right now. She comes from a relatively small hero pool, overtuned, is a meta definer, and three supports are typically being taken right now increasing her odds even further of being picked. That Hanzo beats her right now just shows how much stronger he is right now than any other DPS.

5 Likes

Hanzo is literally a must pick in GM

On one hand this is good news in this particular scenario, but on the other hand it’s bad news that the game is mostly balanced around OWL.

I just want it to be unheadshottable, maybe up the cooldown :^)

That is just another fallacious statement.

Brigitte is a low skill floor, low skill cap hero that had actual metrics showing her as overpowered given her intended role. That is why she was nerfed. She was not nerfed because of complaints.

Furthermore there was documented evidence that Brig was doing more than “upset” the meta. She was completely changing the entire balance dynamic. Some heroes are balanced by their burst damage by how squishy they are. This burst damage is tuned to make them generally be able to kill an opponent, on average, in X amount of hits. Mathematically, Brigs ult was completely and pretty much permanently, increase X by a near factor of 2.

Hanzo is a DPS centric hero, he is not a sniper. He is also high skill floor and ceiling. His status in “GM” or any high rank is natural and actually how it should be. He is also not even over performing in ANY metric for DPS role, nor any role, that would warrant a nerf/change.
You can’t say the same for D.VA… Zarya…and Pharah.

2 Likes

Stating the obvious. Whoever still thinks Honza is fine is clearly in denial.

3 Likes

Those same people also complained about the oppressive sombra. Now look at her.

Maybe those people are wrong?

2 Likes

“players from all ranks have complained about new hanzo, pros included”

“let’s blame the pros”

Yeah is necessary. Blizzard send heros without the proper testing sadly

Hanzo need at least a 15% nerf in ultimate generation ratio

Hanzo need a nerf on the Arrow-Size at least 12% - 15%. His arrows are too big, he can headshot you hiting your shoulders, chest or missing close of your head. is unacceptable

1 Like

We get it, you are literally in love with Hanzo. It’s getting creepy now.

4 Likes

the eric andre meme where all ranks shoot hanzo and it says “how could the pros do this”

1 Like