Hanzo DOES NOT DESERVE his OHK ability

Wouldn’t change anything for Nanoblade.

Also, no dash reset on Genji would be like no life steal on Reaper. For a character built around it, not having it would kill them.

1 Like

Yeah. I don’t really care about nanoblade. It’s OP but, they haven’t touched it since release. They’re not going to touch it now.

Anyway, I didn’t say no dash reset. I said he should actually have to confirm the kill to get dash reset. The equivalent with Reaper would be if Reaper shot monkey once, then missed all his other shots but still got life steal because his team was shooting monkey.

Effectively you did, since Genji currently relies on his team to do a majority of the damage, then he cleans up.

Nanoblade you can prevent outside of Sound-Barrier and Transcendence, Gravdragon you cannot.

There is no “effectively” saying it. I said Genji needs to actually get the kill to get the reset. I didn’t say take away his dash reset. Genji having to actually think about when to use his ability like most other characters is a plus.

See, I agree he shouldn’t have a one shot but I don’t think this is why. I think hanzo has way too much else in his kit to deserve a one shot. If he doesn’t have the stats of a sniper, he shouldn’t have the one shot of a sniper.

1 Like

No, someone perform a workshop test on it. It’s a small ball at the tail of the arrow iirc.

1 Like

he does, if he dashes someone and they don’t die hes stuck

Not if someone else kills his target.

its his mobility, if a teammate like winston assisted him in a kill on a dive target and he is stuck without a dash reset it would grief the character

There is “effectively” saying it. People do not like Genji, they’d kill-steal him and neuter his mobility. Genji can think about his abilities all he likes, it doesn’t matter if he can’t confirm.

Hanzo is the ONLY character that deserves their OHKO ability; he has to do widow’s job with none of widow’s protection. He has to do Ashe’s job with none of Ashe’s ult farming or escape capabiliies.

He might be the only hero in the game who lives by do or die rules. Everyone else

1.) Has skills to rapidly fly away.

2.) has skills to become invincible and literally walk away.

3.) Can heal themselves when things go bad.

I could literally go on.

If Hanzo doesn’t deserve one shots, who does? Mei?

1 Like

Those are explosives lol. They’re not supposed to be headshot reliant since they do splash damage even if they don’t hit anyone at all. That comparison doesn’t really work.If you want to compare Hanzo’s arrows then compare them to things Mei’s Icicles or Torb’s primary fire. You could make his projectile not one shot but all that will do is make him a worse Ashe or McCree.

I mean on the one hand yes but on the other hand no, because there are many doorways and points of entry where you have to go through, and outside of crouching in through every doorway so you’re not at the ‘predictable head height’, there’s nothing you can do save hope that your timing luck is better than his. That’s it. And if he gets lucky, then he gets lucky. That doesn’t feel fair; even when I’m playing with Symmetra people have MANY opportunities to avoid my turrets, and those things are auto aim, and people act like they’re so ridiculously OP when they’re super frail, have a ridiculously short range and are easy to avoid altogether. Somehow I get more flack for those three dumb turrets than Hanzo gets for spamming a doorway and getting lucky? =/ feels unjust.

I don’t think Hanzo is super OP these days, though I also think in the right hands he has the potential to be ridiculously lethal; it’s just that he has a lot of skill requirements that sort of make it okay… to a point, y’know?

Jumping works, unless he’s not spamming and actually predicting your movement, which makes it much less of a luck issue. Crouching also sorta increases chance of getting headshotted actually (against bodyshot spam hanzos, but those are not very leathal 2bh), which is why i didn’t suggest it compared to jumping.

Funnily, you just talked about forced entry point, and that’s where turrets become a problem. That said, I don’t think turrets are a problem, and that’s also why I don’t think hanzo’s arrows landing on one’s head is a problem because the high variance of outcome gets negated by both enemy movements, enemy awareness and needing to land multiple shots in a fight to make a big difference, the movement even doesn’t always apply to turrets usually.

On a back note, turrets are constant damage (medium damage albeit) but most importantly, constant slow, while hanzo’s arrows has 1-1.25s downtime between each shots, which you can capitalize on if you have been paying attention to it.

Imagine if he had consequences for spamming like all other heroes (besides dva), imagine if he had an actual quiver that had to be reloaded after x shots

I brought it up specifically because that’s what they’re more or less meant to do, be placed together at a choke and make it difficult to enter. The parallel was intentional.

My point is that if Hanzo can just spam a doorway and get lucky and get a whole kill, why can’t I, Symmetra, also get a kill with my turrets? Right now they are too weak to ever kill anyone, unless that person is a dummy and just stands there and lets them kill them, or they happen to already be low health, which again, wouldn’t be the same comparison. Hanzo gets to headshot a full health target and kill them instantly, and I have these three piddly turrets that I’ve just wasted if I put them all together in one choke and the enemy decides to just come the other way, and with their 10 second a pop cooldown I can’t just put them up on the left when I notice the team coming that way. It’s RIDICULOUSLY punishing, and yet somehow Sym is considered viable and okay when she can’t kill jack diddly.

It just frustrates me that some characters are considered okay to be insanely lethal by contrast, and yet Sym is supposed to be in the same DPS category as them. One of these things needs to be changed so it’s more equal, Sym doesn’t even have a damage oriented ultimate.

I’ll say this rely on your teammate noticing enemy turning around to deal with your turrets. Hanzo’s “lucky kill” depends on enemy helping him by poking their head around normal headshot height. Essentially it’s not up to the players to decide which will get kills or assist kills more, it’s up to the players. Plus, you are comparing primary fire with skills.

And I would say sym is outlier compared to hanzo before the storm arrows buff recently. Sym’s design philosophy basically doomed her viability if game balance is to be maintained because dps with good/niche functionality is basically never above average in ow history, iirc. The problem of power comparison lies in sym, not hanzo, at least not before his recent buff.

Man these people have never played against widow have they.

1 Like

Doesn’t even need Gravwell. The key strength of it is the ability to fire through walls, forcing the team out of an area at a crucial moment.

Well he’s not a sniper… so I dont know why he can still one shot with critical hit, (which is what a sniper does)