Hanzo arrow speed can we have it back

We rather got a consensus to nerf storm arrow and revert his speed back again, tanks player will also be a little more happy.

2 Likes

Bring his arrow speed back, nerf Storm Arrow to 65 damage

well brig necessitated burst damage, but there being characters with the ability to one shot necessitates that you basically run those characters or you’re put at a disadvantage by not running them. Plus then burst just became a necessity for almost all metas what with all the healing and other stuff someone who’s smarter about ow would know. I mean, i’d put more blame on brig for those metas too, but hanzo definitely contributed to it. Like, it’s true, double sniper was just a meme before brig. but when one shots became necessary game deciders for a long period of time, it’s kind of on both snipers too.

also, he was just better then a lot of the other dps and didn’t have the necessary downsides that came with them. he excelled at all ranges and against dps, shield break and killing tanks, which with a projectile felt pretty bad and more or less forced him. Having a team wipe combo was a cherry on top of all that

If they revert his storm arrow buff then sure, but as long as storm arrows be that way it’s a no from me

Well, let’s be honest… there’s some reason that players hate the character… so the question is why? Note, I have more hours on Mei than anything else, I know hate… I think he suffers the same way Mei does by a perception of being a bit unfair…

God forbid dps not being slaves of tanks and supports, depending on who has the mofe broken hero currently :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Brig wasn’t even really played much until Goats, and certainly wasn’t meta.

Besides, she didn’t make sustain damage irrelevant… she made flankers(and Winston) irrelevant. Zarya was still meta after all. Launch Brig was actually worse against helping with ranged sustain damage, as she had less RPs and Whipshot was worse.

Grav-Dragon happened because they reworked Hanzo into a monster: Spammable 1shots at a choke, shield break, tank buster, in divable, better duelist at range then anyone not named Widow, utility, boostable zoning Ult that killed through Trans and is a great combo piece or zoner, and his primary was fast enough to basically be hitscan out to 20m.

Everyone else in the comp was there because they enabled Hanzo,

It wasn’t Grav that drove the meta, it was neutral fight Hanzo being busted. If it wasn’t GravDragon it would have been HaltDragon or BlizzDragon, because he wasn’t going anywhere.

Ironically, the meta directly following GravDragon/x2 Sniper was highly influenced by Hanzo as well, the difference is that one actually did have Brig.

Dude I’m a DPS main, don’t take it personal, it’s just the truth.

As much as we love to pretend otherwise, Tank(especially main tank) has always been the carry class, and will likely always be the most impactful class.

In a game about staying alive and objective based, characters that can mitigate damage and have an actual point presence, will average out to having more impact then the ones that just bring “pew pew.”

Maybe. Just maybe it has to do a LOT with his ridiculous arrow hitbox to begin with?

If you are dying to a hero other than widow, there’s a good chance that you messed up. But with Hanzo, it never feels fair when he can just peek and spam until gets a pick around corner.

Not to mention with his buffed speed, literally nothing in the game countered him.

Where do you put soldier exactly? Brig made tons of heroes unplayable thanks to broken mechanics of armor pack.

We keep buffing dps heroes to counter meta supports rather than simply nerfing the healing (lets say you can’t stack more than 75-80hps outside of ult as opposed to 200hps right now).

While these buffs are pretty good to make dps heroes viable, the moment you don’t play meta backline, your entire team suffers from the ridiculous amount of damage.

All because we HAD to have Brig as a hero to counter entire meta by herself.

Ok but the real question is. If Genji, McCree and Ashe weren’t overtuned. Would Hanzo be fine?

Soldier currently or at Brig’s launch?

“Unplayable” is a stretch, especially if we’re talking the majority of ladder, but you’re not going to hear me argue against that, but mostly because I think armor is a broken mechanic, and was vehemently against the -3 to -5 revert.

I don’t think it’s necessarily a DPS vs Support issue, and more of just a ‘power creep in general’ issue, plus a huge helping of ‘sustain damage has zero advantages over burst damage, and literally every mechanic and situation in game heavily favors burst damage’ issue.

I think the game needs nerfs practically across the board, it wouldn’t be popular and people would whine relentlessly, but if we toned EVERYTHING down the game would end up in a better state.

Ever heard of tribes ? Fast paced fps with no one shot ?
Even if you make an headshot on a small, really fast mooving target (skying at 300km/h) : if he’s full life it wont kills him.
And sniper where still one of the core class in pro match.

Ever heard of … QUAKE 3 ??
Where you don’t one shot with the railgun (q3 “sniper”), and it’s still a godtier weapon ?

Valorant ? It’s not a fast paced fps. Overwatch like the 2 I just told you about, are.

So, you can want OHK in OW. It’s your POV on this topic. But dont say that OHKO sniper kills were always a thing in fps. Q3 and Tribes are part of a list of games that forged the multiplayer-esport-FPS type of games (along with CS and few others).
Overwatch is closer to q3/tribes in gameplay than a CS and other slow-paced fps.

So “One shots have always been a thing in this genre” is just wrong.

Personaly, OHK or not in OW, if it’s balanced, I don’t mind.
But you can change the snipers roles in OW. Instead of them being OHK machine, they could apply debuff on hit (a dot / %antiheal debuff / %dmg inflicted / a slow … ton of possibilities : imagine hanzo being able each 10sec to send a choosen type of arrow to shoot, antiheal//shield or player piercing/explosive/smoke/flashbang/hitscan arrow. But when you use one, all the other get on cd), have more recon abilities (like 2 widow’s mine in the same time, but half the damage. Reduce the hanzo radar radius, but let him have 2 charge on it, to let him choose to cover 2 path for short time period or 1 path with less “no sensor time”); there’s a lot of thing sniper can do other than just one shooting people from the other side of the map, but you need to give them something in return for them to be usefull.
Actually, Ana is an exemple of a strong, non-ohk sniper. All snipers could be redisigned like her, and be really strong and usefull in the game.

But please, dont think OHK snipers are mandatory.

Absolutely not. Hanzo will always be spammed into choke points no matter the speed of his arrows. The faster you make his arrow the easier it is to headshot people from all ranges. I play hanzo, and it is already kinda easy to 1 shot squishys. You want to make it even easier? I don’t think so. Flicking headshots on hanzo is not hard once you are warmed up to him. He shouldn’t be equal to a hitscan. There should be a big disadvantage to a bow and arrow projectile and a bullet imo. He does 250 a headshot, that’s the 2nd highest critical hit right behind widows 300. Both heroes are fine as is.

1 Like

If you re-read what I wrote, I specifically stated the projectile hitbox size, not the projectile. We know the projectile itself is small, but the hitbox isnt. Which is why you cam take an arrow in the chest and still get headshot from it.

I was talking about the projectile hitbox as well.

Hanzo was my main pre-buff, and I’ve also played him throughout all iterations. But let’s be honest here- his buffed arrow speed made him better than McCree in all aspects. More lethality at all ranges, mobility, extreme burst damage, a wallhack on cooldown, and a shield buster. I dont care if hes buffed in other ways, it just cant be the previous arrow speed-- it’s too broken with his projectiles. You realize how much faster his arrow flew than a s76 helix rocket?

Oh no… Hanzo is a projectil hero instead of a better hitscan? Heresy.

1 Like

Did you miss the part where I suggested a partial increase, and not a full revert? And where I mentioned giving up power on storm arrow for this, or a new, weaker ability all together?

Hanzo 2.0 was way too good, and I don’t want him back - I’ve never said that. I just want him to be more consistent in the range he’s supposedly supposed to be consistent in.

pointy sticks do not travel as fast as bullets, move on.

In one of my old posts I actually suggested (a few times) an inbetween speed. 115 from 110 seems like itd be a good testing ground, as 125 was definitely broken.