Hanzo arrow hitbox is huge (video proof)

soldier doesnt have bloom for like 9 bullets

Watch and learn, Ive recorded my every single death - gm Hanzo gets wrecked by other gm and not gm players.

1 Like

Imagine comparing a hitscan hero to a Projectile and thinking its actually a good argument.

Devs already said Hanzo and Genji have the smallest projectiles in the game so what’s your point

jokes on you, hanzo is not viable

Compare it with Ana, someone who can only do 70 damage over half a second or so. Also consider that it takes her 3 shots to kill a 200, and that’s if they’re not being healed, which then it’s at least 4. Then consider that Hanzo does this in one shot, and it’s faster than Ana’s unscoped shot at max draw (which makes no sense), and it’s a lot bigger than Ana’s dart projectile.

:roll_eyes:

You know Geoff said Hanzo’s arrow aren’t big, right?

The thing are on the hitboxes not on the arrows.

1 Like

You know Geoff is not the lord almighty and can be wrong. :roll_eyes: They’re NOT the smallest projectile. Ana’s unscoped shot is.

Geoff is one the devs of the game and that’s it.

4 Likes

There was a post on the old forums that tested the projectiles to measure just how big they were, and I believe they found that Hanzo and Genji’s projectiles were one of the smallest at around 12px or so. I will be searching for it as I write this but in the meantime, I found other things we could take a look at!

So this list from a thread on the old forums which lists the hitboxes of projectiles from hitscan to largest. The only projectile size that has changed since this list was Junkrat’s, but I believe it doesn’t really affect his place on this list.

The size of the hitbox, starting with the smallest

• hitscan
  • Ana unscoped: very small, almost identical to hitscan
  • Roadhog (right click, before it detonates): very small, almost identical to hitscan
  • Torb
  • Genji, Hanzo
  • Zarya (both attacks)
  • Mei (right click)
  • Lucio
  • Zen
  • Pharah
  • Solider (helix rocket)
  • Zarya (high energy)
  • D.Va(light gun), Mercy
  • Junkrat

They also coupled it with this video in case you want to see them test it.

Just found the thread I mentioned at top, so here it is:

So they did the test and such, and measured it by distance between the bot (first pixel) and crosshair:

Mercy: 51px
Hanzo: 29px
Genji: 28px
McCree: 18px
S76: 17px

Projectile size (assuming hitscan ~ 0px):

Mercy: 33-34px
Genji: 10-11px
Hanzo: 11-12px
Hitscan: 0px

Nice, you’re telling us old info: projectiles are more forgiving than hitscan.
Also, page up as ultimate?

Uninstalled. Thanks.

1 Like

hanzo need big nerf thats all i know.

2 Likes

Yes, but Blizzard has stated that it is meant to be the same size, which is obviously wrong.

1 Like

Hanzo’s my most played.

The grotesque thing is, that unlike Soldier76, Hanzo INSTA-KILLS.
On top of that, when you reach Diamond+, the players become so good mechanically, that hitting with Hanzo on mid-range becomes trivial for them.

When I play Tracer, it is almost never that I will be body-shotted, that is how big the head hitbox is. If Tracer crouches, I would not be surprised if a bigger surface area of her is head than not.
It makes it incredibly frustrating to play against this hero.

2 Likes

“No, one of the main’s dev for the game is wrong and I’m right!”

Come on, you have better things to do than being a tool online.

1 Like

Do you have a source on that Geoff Goodman admission? I would be very interested in reading that.

Yes, one of the main devs can be wrong. They’re people just like anyone else. What you said was uncalled for.

Yes, one of the devs, answering a specific question, was “wrong” and not you. I stand by my earlier statement.

You know, BestPapa, it is almost as if noone knows GM games? You do know, that some here (not me) is GM, and those that are not, have access to them, through twitch-streams.
It is pure BS, that noone dies at a distance of over 20m in GM. It happens all the time.

Im not saying Hanzo is overpowered, what I am saying is that he is extremely frustrating to play against. Why does it have to be like that in a game that is supposed to be fun?

Hanzo is one among an exclusive club of heroes that makes Overwatch a worse place, together with Doomfist, Sombra and Brigitte (and maybe Hammond).