Hanzo and his arrows

When will blizzard nerf the size of the hitbox of his damn arrows?

The hitbox is gigantic. From 10 meter mark in training ground I shoot the arrow with full pull and I have the second line from the top on the scope, just touching the head of a training robot. This means that the arrow will hit approx 5-6 mm above the head which in my view should miss. But heck NO, I one shoot the robot to death with one arrow doing that.

This is so wrong to be honest. Hanzo ain’t shooting arrows he’s shooting freight trains. Time to fix this.

8 Likes

Normally I would agree. But I am probably going to start playing him again for the summer event. So freight trains will favor me a bit.

2 Likes

Smallest projectile hitbox in the game (alongside Genji’s), but whatever.

They don’t count the 10 arrows that missed before hand

just the one that hit and that one was too big

4 Likes

The developers have stated the arrows for Hanzo is the smallest projectile hitbox in the entire game.

3 Likes

Well can you at least nerf his damage output?

1 Like

Meanwhile widow goes around deleting people outside every other heroes effective range and isn’t affected by travel time but that’s a-okay. Ow player base is weird.

So small
Much tiny
Hitbox wow

7 Likes

Thank you for this evidence. His arrows’ hitbox is stupid. That shot would miss every time as Widowmaker, but Hanzo can just spam arrows around a corner without aiming and win.

2 Likes

Its worse when you add latency into the equation.

Can you do that with a character like Ana?

The training bots also have an obnoxious hitbox

From what I see of that video, that is a direct hit on the training bot’s right shoulder.

Ok I’ve been to practice range/bot training and you don’t even have to have your crosshairs completely on the target to get a hs. I know they’re small but let’s not act like the arrows aren’t forgiving.

Its like green text from Mand all over again. WoW forum MVP.

If you can’t see that the arrow at 10 meters has zero drop and is hanging off the bots left shoulder there is little that can be explained.

Lemme guess though

That is a direct hit too right?

Yea but… You forget two tiny things… 1. Not every hero model is the same, which the bots are 2. The bots move in literally preset and predictable patterns… Players don’t lol.

I think some of you are neglecting that the training bots have massive hitboxes that are not representative of the playable heroes.

Players generally have larger hitboxes, but okay.

Relative to the model size? That seems hard to believe.

There are outliers like Ana, and Widowmaker. For the most part player hitboxes are equal to bots or slightly larger.

The hitbox of his arrows is the second smallest projectile hitbox in the game, a little bigger than Genji’s shurikens.

If you wanna blame hitboxes, blame player model hitboxes. They are much bigger than the models. Here’s an interesting video on this topic: