Hammond vs Pre Nerf Bastion

Why would anyone want bastion in a tank slot? We have enough DPS tanks.

If your going for Main Tanks… there is more to tanking then Main tanks… this meta is pretty much proving that.

Aka. We still need more tanks.

Alright, now that I know which Bastion you are referencing, here is why he can’t be a tank.

Tanks need one of these things:
Blocking damage
Making space(CC)

Bastion has 0 of the 2.

Haha you made a thread out of our discussion? I hope you told them all that the only thing a tank should do is take damage. Your words fren.
Hammond does not do 500+ DPS sir. The meta has always made use of off-tanks, dive tanks & bruisers prove that, oh so every meta of OW’s history.
But yes, more tanks plz, hey about making Torb a tank in the new rework?

Well main tanks always got the shaft when it came to their DPS tank cousins.
I’d be upset if bastion ever became a tank.

Now all I can think about.

I don’t get it but yeah, no bastion as a tank.

Neither does Bastion. At point blank he does 450, at any farther, well see for yourself: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/bastions-real-damage-output-kinda/149506

1 Like

Hammond deals 125 dps, with 100% headshots 250 dps. Bastion deals 525 and almost never reloads. Even at mid-range (where bastion’s spread is terrible) he still puts out a lot more dps than hammond.

1 Like

Are people comparing hamster damage to bastion? Is this just basic fire damage being compared. Because it doesn’t count if they’re counting Hammond going in with his entire kit vs bastion sitting in one spot shooting at junk

Oh fair, I swore it was 525? Ok good chart ha!
Either way, does Hammond have near that kind of potential?
I’m sure they’re DPS & Tank for a reason, they’re both much better at one than the other.

Bastion only does 450, check the link above for the actual numbers.

I also don’t think he should be a tank, as he can’t block damage or make space with CC

1 Like

Well like the new supports, people like to do damage so they made just hybrids now.
Hog isn’t a tank either.
I barely count d.va

OP’s words in our discussion that led to this:

Nope, Tanking just means taking a lot of Damage. That’s is about it.

Roadhog, D. Va and Hammond proves that.

The only difference between Pre Nerf Bastion and Hammond right now is Mobility.

I disagreed with him. But I agree with you that he couldn’t work as a proper Tank even with the 35% Ironclad, he’d have to be changed in order to work as a proper tank.

1 Like

Bastion would need a lot of changes to be a tank hero, but I think that may be the only way to make him viable. Trying to mold him as a more aggressive Orisa could be an interesting thought experiment, as he’s the only other hero who can choose to be immune to CC effects.

Have fun running Hammond/Doomfist/Brigitte into an Orisa/Bastion tank pair…

1 Like

He can definitely work as a DPS. He worked before as a DPS, just his Recon and Self-repair sucked. If they had just fixed that, then he would be fine… But instead we got a 35% damage resist that no one wanted, and his damage was completely gutted (well over a 50% reduction) because of it.

Old Bastion was more about mobility (kinda). If you stayed in one spot for too long in Sentry mode, you died. It encouraged people to use Recon to relocate. New Bastion doesn’t do that… the damage resistance and poor damage force the player to stay in Sentry for too long.

2 Likes

OP has to be trolling, right?

It’s a conversation to waste time basically. (That might benefit Bastion)