Hammond needs some form of nerf. Nerf his mines HP

Reduce it from 50 to 30 HP. I know i can’t really compare syms 30 hp turrets but it would be nice if you could just melee his mines.

1 Like

Don’t touch the rodent. There can’t be enough Hammond players … when you are a Sombra :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

This would make his ultimate too weak. They could decrease the duration of his ult, though. I think it lasts way too long

But to be completely honest, I don’t think he would need to get directly nerfed IF they buffed Mei.

Honestly, I like this.

If you ARE going to nerf Hammond, then this is a way to do it which won’t wreck his main game loop.

You would still lose the Hammond players, and maybe other tank players.

I mean, I’d be super keep to move Mei into tank, and then balance her, but, even as a Mei player I can’t expect her to be buffed while in DPS while the tank player retention rate is so bad.

You monster.

6 Likes

You don’t see any conceptual problem with this?

Buffing mei wouldnt be smart, just directly nerf hammond.

2 Likes

You want to MELEE literal MINES.

3 Likes

Or you know pick heroes, abilities, and ults that counter Hammond and his ultimate.

Maybe try that first before needing easier mode to deal with him

2 Likes

Yes, it would be smart.
Mei’s primary used to be one of the best ways to stop him, and he deserves to be shut down by other heroes that aren’t Sombra

Well, you can do that in real life … only 1 time tho :neutral_face:

1 Like

Or just make it where he can’t gain ult charge 10 seconds after he ults

Hammond needs no kind of nerfs at this time.
The tank role is already weak as it is.

3 Likes

I’m a tank player and tanks already have options to deal with Mei tbh. A successful Rein + Zarya combo ALWAYS deals well with Mei (assuming the Zarya is good at bubble usage). If they buffed Orisa (which they should), she could be a viable option to counter Mei as well because of Fortify

Overall the issue is very complex, but I believe you will lose more Hammond players if you nerf him directly than if you buff one of his counters

Personally, I am exhausted by the massive amount of AOE ults that can cover the entirety of the payload or point in overtime. Even Bob is infuriating because it is a press of Q that can hold a point and the majority of characters can do nothing to get on point if he is near it.

Echo and hammond need nerfs. Period. We don’t need buffs, we need nerfs

1 Like

Just watched a stream with the enemy Hammon’d mines were still out, dropped, and he had mines barely 5 seconds after again. I’ve never seen something charge that fast, and this was a GM game.

1 Like

I think you would lose Hammond players if you nerfed his mobility.
I don’t think you will lose them over mines.

IF you had to nerf Hammond, then mines is where you should do it, unless you had a crazy good reason to nerf somewhere else.

I think buffing Mei would be a problem in other places, UNLESS it was to her right click - unless you moved her to tank, in which case, hey go for it.

I’m sure we would see A LOT of complaints on this forum if they nerfed Hammond’s mines tomorrow. What OP proposed isn’t an insignificant nerf. Using melee attacks to shut down an ultimate is not very reasonable and it would basically make the ult have value ONLY if you were putting a lot of pressure on the enemy team and distracting them/buying time would shift the fight to your favor.

Mei used to be stronger than she is at the moment and we had Hammond players just like we have them now. Tbh he was still strong or an A/B tier pick at the top when Mei was better.

I think we should be VERY careful about directly nerfing tanks ATM.

1 Like

Ok, that is VERY VERY VERY much a statement I agree with.

The reason I put

Is because I agree with that so strongly. I do NOT think we should be nerfing Hammond at all. But if we HAVE to, this is the place to do it.

The issue is, I think Buffing Mei (without a Transfer to the Tank role as part of it) would be also a truely awful idea, because of tank retention.

I’m a Mei / Sombra / S76 main, so, you would expect me not to have a lot of Tank sympathy, and more so, you would expect me to be all “lets buff Mei” but, the current state of tanking in the game is too awful for words.

3 Likes

The problem is that the Devs buff the one part of her that is the greatest problem for Main Tank players, her wall. Most Main tanks can avoid her LMB, but Wall makes “pushing in” such a chore for Main Tanks.

400 HP is no joke and I have but all my abilities and damage into a single pillar of a Mei Wall and by the time it’s gone, the Tank is either near death or already dead.

I advocated against nerfing Mei’s primary since Double Shield (besides removing pierce freeze of course) and have said that the problem lies with Mei’s Wall. People will complain about her primary presumably because it’s an easy target, but her real problem is her wall, and buffing it doesn’t help imo.

1 Like