Hammond annoying as heck

A good hammond who knows what he is doing is really annoying, you guys agree? Not as bad as doomfist, but still.

What is strongest counter? Hammonds become common lately, sombra comes to mind

1 Like

Mei, McCree, Reaper, Hog. Definitely Sombra.

5 Likes

Yeah, he can be very annoying. Having a Mei or Sombra on your team is enough to basically force him to switch characters, though. Reaper, McCree, Bastion, and Brigitte also heavily restrict what he can do.

Lucio can also counter him fairly well by messing up his momentum all the time, but it’s much harder to do.

Mei can cause a lot of problems for Hammond.

If they just removed the spin forever stall tactic then it wouldn’t be a problem. You shouldn’t have to use CC or a stun to kill a hero – there should be alternative ways.

3 Likes

Isnt that the point? A good Hammond is basically a giant ball of Tracer

2 Likes

Mei always makes me switch to something more defensive.

Sombra forces me to play near my team.

Otherwise I just try to dodge all CC until it’s been used like Sleep Dart.

Sombra because she ruins my fun as Wrecking Ball.

Hello, darkness my old friend.

14 Likes

There is an alternative way to deal with that: Shoot him. This isn’t a tiny Baby D.va or Tracer randomly crouch spamming to dodge your shots; it’s a giant ball moving in a completely predictable pattern.

4 Likes

I agree it’s lame to have to CC and completely ruin someones experience

I main Hammond and he honestly has the most hard counters in the game. It’s terrible. You can force Hammond to switch by picking sombra or Mei. Unless your team is peeling Mei off the Hammond, he cannot escape her freeze.

3 Likes

Yeah its a Shame and make no sense that u use the weakness of a Hero to counter the Hero :woman_shrugging:t2:

Sometimes im not wondering why the Devs ignore this Forum

also a Hammond that just spins on the Point isnt a good Hammond because at high Rank its more feeding than stalling

Shoot him or use Meis icewall there are alternative ways

2 Likes

Really good Hammond will engage together with his team instead of feeding kills to freezing spray or Hack in between of the whole enemy team. Bastion seems like the only real threat for Hammond who knows how to play.

McCree’s range is too short and Hog deals low damage.

You know how"hitscan" like a mcree or soldier and are considered counters to Phara so long as the whole team doesn’t try and counter her she can hold her own , as long as she plays out of their line of sight? Well Sombra is a tier above Hard Counter. If you know how to play her then Hammond is literally a throw pick and is worth reporting for throwing if he stays on him. Assuming you try and actually play to counter him. Mei is a tier below Sombra if you don’t play her well. Then Mcree.

I’ve noticed same thing playing winston, sombra makes him useless, hacked on a dive and your completely useless.

Hammond is not a throw pick just because u never saw a good Hammond even if the enemy team has a Sombra . im a Hammond One-Trick and i got to Master this and last season whit only playing him… Reporting a Hammond just because he didnt switch is false reporting

U just sounds like this kind of Meta Slaves who instant report a Player when u didnt like the Hero pick

2 Likes

Gee, it’s almost like a hero is supposed to be countered through competent counterplay instead of mindlessly throwing yourself at them and hoping it works. Who knew?

I got to masters with hammond too (ON PC). But you did not stay master so that point is not really valid otherwise if that were true you wouldn’t of dropped?

Getting to master and staying in master vs good Sombras on PC is tough . I play both Console and PC and PC is literally a different level than console. Sombra on console is not very threaten and i was being facetious about reporting. She really destroys him on diamond and above tho. Sombra doesn’t feel like a popular pick on console i think i seen only a few compared to what i seen on PC.

1 Like

Also Junkrat, nothing as funny as a swinging ball suddenly getting caught in a trap and panicing before you just lay into him.

3 Likes

I see some people say that reaper is good to deal with hammond, i said he is good to scare him off, but not to chase hammster around, good hammond propably would play around reaper anyway :confused:

2 Likes