Halloween Terror Weekly Challenge Problem

I still say the best way to alleviate the frustration would be if blizzard just gave the items to everyone for each weak that goes by without this being fixed.

It’s not like it would cost them anything…

3 Likes

It really doesn’t do Blizz any favors in regards to OW2 hype if they can’t even be bothered to fix a basic issue with OW1. I mean, really? A weekly challenge based on # of games played and suddenly the game can’t track # of games played in the main mode people would be playing right now? Come on. Get it together Blizz.

3 Likes

Yeah I was having this issue last year too… Having this year also. It is kind of sad this issue is happening in the PvE mode when OW2 is supposed to have a big PvE mode isn’t it? Maybe I heard wrong on it - it’s really upsetting because my friend in our group was rewarded - he had 4 (for 2 wins) while I still only was at 2 pts. :confused:

1 Like

Overwatch 2 AND Half Life 3 will come out before this bug is fixed.

3 Likes

Why not, you know, fix it? It has existed since last year at least, because I experienced it last Junkenstein Event and had to do PvP for week 2 and 3 skins… that is lame as you end up spending way more time in PvP trying to get the points than you would playing the PvE event that IS THE WHOLE REASON WE’RE PLAYING RIGHT NOW. I can play PvP matches ANY TIME of the year. /sigh

4 Likes

just can’t believe they couldn’t fix it in a week -_-
hope they’ll never release ow2 while they have such an attitude towards the community

3 Likes

It’s kinda annoying I have to go play PvP to get the skin. My favorite part of the Halloween event is the PvE. I can play PvP all year round. Is it that hard to get the weekly challenges working for arcade?

1 Like

We played two Junkenstein-normal matches today and wound up with 2 points. I believe we should have had 4.

:confused:

This seemed to happen every time I have leavers in a game, but now I got no points for a completely normally finished Junkenstein Hard game.
I missed the first week skin by a few points because of this bug. I have a very limited time to play at all, so I can’t grind endlessly.

Something like that happened to me too. When I won 1 match I got 2 points but when I won another game I got nothing.

i miss 3 wins ! i won but thew counter didnt went up! what’s happening?

axtually 4 wins with 0 point obtanied!!1 kinda embarassing

now 5!! pllz help me i win the event game but it gives me 0 points for the skin challenge! i would already finished now, instead i’m near 15

what a huge waste of time

I had this and restarting the game worked every time for one or two wins then stopped again until I restarted again, and I only play Junkensteins on normal.

1 Like

Just try to do Junkeinstein Volatile Zomnics mission. It’s easy and counts every time, at least for me.

Blizzard cares more about censoring stuff that nobody cared about anyways (like pictures in WoW dungeons and names of mounts) than actually fixing the bugs in their games. The company has gone downhill especially the last few months. This bug will never be fixed because the company lacks any actual Q.A. testing on their software nowadays.

Here’s how you can fix it: After every game of Junkenstein, close Overwatch and relaunch it. You basically have to reboot the game after every win, because it only counts the first win of your session. So if you play like 20 games in a row, it will most likely only count the first one, unfortunately.

Restart your game after every game of Junkenstein. It will only count the first win you have, and the following ones aren’t counted. You can reset this by closing the game and starting it again

This reply along with your others comes off as rude, uncaring, and dismissive in its length.

Even if you didn’t have any additional information to share regarding the issue, you could have at least acknowledged player’s frustrations.

Just adding a simple “we understand the frustrations this is causing you, but unfortunately it doesn’t appear Blizzard will be able to roll out a fix in time for this event. Please in the meantime use the available PvP modes to complete the requirements for the weekly skin events.”

These two little sentences would have saved you (ehh Blizzard, not sure YOU care) the 10 disgruntled messages that followed your last response including mine.

Just my two cents that I believe follow the Overwatch forum community guidelines:

• Does your reply improve the conversation?
  • Constructive criticism is welcome, but criticize ideas, not people.

I believe my comment does both of these.

Blizzard and Overwatch are in a tricky spot right now, and everyone representing that company and team should be doing their absolute best to treat their current player base with the upmost care and compassion. A bit of food for thought.