Hacked Through Cryofreeze

I know that Cryofreeze is ruled as favor-the-shooter by the server. If the shooter hits just after I hit the Cryofreeze key, favor goes to shooter, so if I die, or get hooked or something, just after hitting shift, I die. Also, if it registers hack completing in that buffer, it knocks me out. The bug is that, I successfully entered the block, and still got hacked. If it were according to favor-the-shooter logic, the server would determine I never entered the block to begin with. But there I sat inside of the block, but hacked. Status effects aren’t supposed to work if you successfully cryofreeze. Yet it did register as getting hacked, and I could not ult as a result. Then I died.

I do wonder that if, in general, the 0.1 buffer is interacting poorly with the new fast hack time. When you’re playing with numbers that small, it’s bound to have issues between input lag on both sides, server lag, and latency.

It has nothing to do with lag compensation or whatever mechanics. It’s just the grace period that Hack has which interacts badly with defensive abilities as it ignores that line of sight has been broken during this grace period and continues to apply Hack on the target.

So yes, Hack can intentionally work against defensive abilities within a time period. But I do hope they at least remove this grace period as it is unnecessary and only adds confusion.

Cryofreeze, Particle Barriers, Meteor Strike, and Recall are supposed to be invlunerabilities. It’s not a line of sight thing.

i find this every day with mei, and also every day with roadhogs hooks.
its less likely a bug and more likely the game compensating for connections. the same kind of thing happens when sombra is killed while translocating. its pretty awk but a common thing for online games.

It makes no difference… They are all meant to also break line of sight. But if activated too late, Hack’s grace period can allow it to succeed against such abilities.

That is all.

Mei’s interaction with Chain Hook is more isolated and has nothing to do with lag compensation or whatever.

… it does, though. really, it does. if roadhog throws hook, and mei freezes, how does the game determine who is first? even if they both do it at the same exact time? (and the game cant really determine exact time thanks to information actually needing time to go from client to server, and back to client. how the server decides what happened in these tiny fractions of a second, are entirely up to the lag compensation code, which effects everything.

This is actually a bug:

But it is with Mei’s Cryo-Freeze. Unlike wraith form, fade and meteor strike, is Mei’s Cryo-Freeze an obstacle in the game that can block LoS of all abilities, even friendly healing darts from Ana.

But Mei’s Cryo-Freeze is bugged which allows Junkrat to trap Mei, Roadhog to hook Mei and Sombra to hack Mei in Cryo-Freeze.

Why did you make the same post twice

Please do not simply lump an interaction with a game mechanic that you do not understand. This only leads to unnecessary confusion for other users.

If lag compensation is the reason, then there would be cases of Chain Hook succeeding against Recall, and still cause Recall to consume its cool down. Except there isn’t. So no.

This issue of Hook vs Cryo has already been explicitly stated to be a bug for this interaction. Don’t throw some other things under the bus.

I had posted first in general, forgetting there was a bug forum, and that first thread was moved here at a later date.

And all of you are missing a point that Hack is treating all of the above cases like they were a simple LoS break. But in all of these cases, they are supposed to be immune to everything, irrespective of LoS or lack thereof. Until Zarya’s barrier, mei’s block, and doomfist’s meteor strike are broken, nothing is supposed to get past them. Yet Hack does. And if a mod could rename this to “Hack Vs Invulnerable States” since this now covers more than Mei, it’d be appreciated.