GUILDS SYSTEM - Idea for next permanent game feature

Guilds are the only way I could ever take any comp mode seriously instead of treating it as RNG. Maybe we will get it in 2019. If it’s not here by anniversary then abandon any hype for this year.

1 Like

I mean, I’m not sure about anyone else but I’d happily skip the next hero or even an event if it meant that they could channel the time and resources spent on those into making a guild system.

4 Likes

Thanks for the replies guys. Please, keep up the support. I believe strongly that a feature like this would really help Overwatch.

1 Like

Yes yes guilds please. If you agree comment on this post so it gets more attention!! If you don’t, you can also comment why xD

PLEASE BLIZZ LOOK INTO THIS! it’s beyond me why a a giuld or clan system is not in the game yet as social as this game is and how heavily it relies on team play! please whats being shown on the league and what is actually presented in game are two vastly different things. The longer they put this off the more people are going to get burned out. Something like this will bring a lot more life into this game and make it feel very much like how it did at the start . I don’t know how you all feel but getting into voice com now compared to like a year ago is vastly different in levels of toxicity

2 Likes

This is the feature I most anticipate.

With the announcement of Overwatch Contender’s League I thought we would finally get that, but it appears not.

1 Like

We don’t need all of this.

We need guilds with enough support infrastructure to manage them.

It doesn’t have to be some huge investment of time and resources for Bliz to give this to us. We need a way to invite, block invites, a channel for the guild, a way to remove someone from the guild. Bonus for an admin, deputy admin and member rants. That’s about it.

Certainly no need for some arbitrarily low membership limit.

While I like the guild idea, I don’t like the idea of having guild banners, multiple membership levels, etc. What I like most about Overwatch is how simple it is, despite its many characters and classes.

The ability to create larger, permanent groups, being able to message to them, and giving the group leader the ability to add or kick people from the group should suffice.

1 Like

I too have been vouching for guild/clan system for ages. So, for the most part, I will agree with everything that Seanado has said, unless I quote below:

This is a rather good idea that I have not come up with in my own Guild proposals. So I wanted to give extra emphasis on this.

I am not sure if we need a formal ranking system for a guild unless hundreds of players can be recruited into a guild. Like you I think a guild only needs about 50 players to be successful, but I don’t think this deep of a multi-tier rank system is absolutely necessary for a starting system for Overwatch.

I am not sure if trying to add missions is a good idea. I think keeping it simple and just use a Guild XP system and earn rewards for the guild by simply participating in the guild is good enough.

For the most part good ideas, but World of Warcraft and StarCraft II have very simple systems for Guilds and Clans. I would think it would be best if Overwatch keeps it simple too.

Ok thanks for the reply, I realised that 50 players in one guild for this game is quite small so I’ve changed it to 100. Just take the numbers with a pinch of salt. 100 might be too small still.

Honestly, I love the idea of guilds, but I would hate for there to be any kind of reward for joining a guild or being a guild other than having a common pool of players you can call on to play comp games with and not have to solo queue and be forced into games with throwers.

Just enable the ability to have guilds, have a social tab to see who’s online, have guild chat so you can ask who’s up for some games, make it cost something to create a guild (1,000-3,000 credits sounds good) to prevent spamming of guilds, and that’s about it.

Maybe have guild icon/spray/name-tag or something to identify that you are in a guild (and name of said guild), and maybe enable leveling of guilds just to show how experienced certain guilds are based on their levels, but do not reward them for leveling - that should be done on an individual basis.

I want guilds for people who need consistent friends/groups to play with, but I also don’t want guilds to be SOOO beneficial, that players who prefer to play solo or sans-mic are now forced to guild up or they’ll miss out on rewards.

Just give us the ability to create a group we know and trust and can group up to play with. “Friends” list is unreliable. In my experience, people friend me and then I never hear from them until I delete them to de-clutter my social circles.

From top to bottom the idea of a guild system is a daunting task, yet the most necessary feature right now, we don’t need to punish players for miss behaving if that behavior can be not only reduced but also prevented from the source, surely we will see this in-game at some point

Yeah, I was kind of thinking about this a little… The thing is, if you play only six stack guild on a ladder with players that solo queue, chances are you will have a higher rank than if you solo queued (due to generally having more organised team comps/strategies). I think having a separate ladder for guilds would work. Of course, this could be exploited. Guild members could group up outside of their guild and play on the regular ladder too… It’s pretty difficult to think about how to get this to work…

I absolutely love this idea! Anything along these lines would work, evenas minimal as an ingame posting forum for when you want to look for a group.

Thanks for the reply! It’s a shame we have to just “hope” that something like this will be added because the Devs are being silent as usual, but I have faith that something is on the way.

Well written, the idea behind your guild system is pretty stream line and I like that. In a game like this, it works perfectly.

wow, I was looking for an idea like this, but this by far better that what i though about…

Any Blue post on this?? Why is this not implemented yet after 3 years of the game…

The social interaction in the game are really restricted… only with battlenet Friends… Overwatch really need something like this…

PLEASE devs !! ^^

Most people would end up in probably 1 of 10-20 guilds I think.