GUIDE: Overwatch Twitch Rewards Troubleshooting and FAQ - BASTET Spray Rewards Updated

A few updates, added recommended browsers, browser tips, and a few questions to the F.A.Q.

hey! I’ve been watching the league streams for a while, but haven’t gotten any tokens in game. Weird thing is I’ve gotten an email saying that I have 100 or more tokens to use, yet they don’t show up. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

That e-mail is a false alarm from a previous promotion. (Known issue.) I need a little more details such as which platform you are watching on and what steps in my guide you have checked for. (Verified notifications in Twitch, etc).

thanks for letting me know! I’m on PC, and been mostly watching on the league website. I’m positive that I was logged in while watching, and when I checked, the website was not muted. I did have notifications blocked, but I fixed that while reading your post. I’m in Canada, and answered correctly on the math test.
I even double checked my battletag haha
Thanks for responding so quickly!

Alright since you did have to check to make sure notifications are unblocked now, lets see if that makes a difference when OWL returns next week. If it is not try switching from OverwatchLeague.com to Twitch. Of course any more feedback is helpful as it can be forwarded on.

Thanks for your help! I will let you know if it works out :^)

I was wondering if I’m able to switch my battlenet account to redeem the Widowmaker skin and earn tokens on my alt? I’ve already redeemed the other unlocked skins on my main account, and I’m not sure if those will switch over to my alt or disappear or stay. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

Usually rewards like this are paid out once when you click the “Redeem” button. So there is no way to transfer skins once claimed.

1 Like

Hello again! I am here to say that I’m getting tokens now, thanks so much for the help! Really appreciate it!

1 Like

I have a new update. Thanks to fellow MVP Narull, we believe there may be an issue with any user on Windows 7 computers not earning tokens regardless of web browser used. We also confirmed that Internet Explorer won’t even play Twitch so avoid any attempt to use that web browser.

Finally if you are still not earning tokens, Please post details about how you are watching the Overwatch League stream be sure to include:

• Your hardware platform (Personal Computer, Mac, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Android Device, Apple Device, etc.)
  • Your platform’s Operating System or firmware version (Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, MacOS 10.13 High Sierra, Xbox One version 10.0.16299.5101, PlayStation 4 version 5.53, Android Oreo 8.1, iOS 11, etc.)
  • Your App or Web Browser and current version (Twitch App on Android, Google Chrome 65.0.3325.181, etc)
  • Your Country of Residence (USA, Canada, Great Britain, Etc.)

Hello everyone, I am personally aware of an issue with Twitch viewers not receiving OWL Token Drops for the current match (4/14 Los Angeles Gladiators vs. Los Angeles Valiant). I believe this is a widespread issue and will likely be fixed soon, hang tight for now.

Update, BlizzardCS has reported this is being worked on:

UPDATE! As of 8:35 PM, it appears OWL Token drops have started to work again.

1 Like

I have not received tokens since the end of Stage 2. WyomingMyst suggested posting here to perhaps get the attention of someone from Blizzard - here’s hoping!

1. I have registered and done the skill-testing question (because Canada), and received tokens in Stage 2.
  2. Neither overwatchleague(dot)com nor twitch(dot)tv work anymore. My last drop notification in Twitch is from the last Sunday in stage 2. I am signed in and linked on both platforms.
  3. I have tried latest IE, Firefox and Chrome, and on multiple computers (mostly Win 10), and the twitch app on Android. These all worked in Stage 2, now none of them do.
  4. I have followed the instructions in the OP in this thread, including disabling ad-blocking software and generating activity to prevent me from being idle.
  5. I’m not an All-access subscriber nor I am I using the Command Center stream.
  6. This is broken as of matches on 2018-04-19.

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you, all!

New update everyone, Blizzard Customer Service has announced on Twitter that if you receive the 100 token reward, this is merely a receipt for a previous reward from an older drop and not one that you have just earned:

Hey!
Well I am a Playstation 4 player and I am not receiving my tokens for the last 2 days. I have been doing the same thing I was doing before I stopped receiving them (I am watching the games and my accont is logged in). My accont is logged in the Battle net as well as my Twitch one. I normally watch the games on the phone at the Twitch App on Iphone. And I am from Brazil.
Thanks for your time

Hello! I bought the pass but did not have my battle net account connected to my twitch account before. I connected it after the purchase and i did not get my ingame rewards. Xsolla support says I should contact Twitch. Can you help me out there?

1 Like

No tokens for the last two days for me (or most of last week for that matter) - watched all games yesterday on Twitch and all today on OWL site with accounts linked/signed in. In Aus, have been granted only 42 tokens despite watching almost all maps this stage. Any ideas?

Ohai :3 Haven’t had any issues in the past weeks or stages once my country was added to the eligibility list for drops, until now at least. Twitch/Chrome is the platform I lurk on for the live streams, albeit for some of the matches this week I did nod off since I live in Europe. (Didn’t seem to matter whether I was watching the ‘regular’ versus using the ‘command center’ stream.)

I’ve had AdBlock on for a fair few nights before without issues, will be checking tonight though if turning off that and switching a few settings around will make a difference. And I’ll be waiting to see if the 72 hour delay is what I’m dealing with or not (in the past weeks I’ve found the token balance adjusted every morning when logging in), considering I was active for at least three or four maps in the past two nights.

Might also add that even when OWL is the only stream I have open and I’m active, Twitch has a hiccup now and then with stating what I’m watching, often seems to be tied to that “event” list that automatically updates during the live stream (but I could be totally mistaken .-.).

I have not received tokens since Friday/Saturday April 20/21.
Stuck on 93
PC Windows 10 (64 bit)
Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)
USA
I am logged in correctly as the battle tag is correct and I haven’t changed anything on the computer which would effect drops.

I have been watching almost all maps since last friday april 20th but i haven’t received any tokens yet.