Guangzhou Charge vs. Shanghai Dragons - Summer Showdown Final - FINAL

Youtube chat is really concerned how Diem got that headshot on Happy through a sight blocking cloth banner. Apparently the cloth doesn’t exist on low graphic settings.

Perhaps Blizzard should amend this in a future patch? Either make it visible on all graphic settings or remove it.

Eileen is cutting through the competition!

After Map 2

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

WATCH LIVE: OverwatchLeague.com (Tokens Enabled Here!)

1 Like

i remeber pros run everything on low settings because less stuff are put on there

There is a lot of things that do not render at low settings, bushes, flowers, debris, etc. This is one of many reasons why pros keep their system setups at low settings.

I play on console where everyone has the same graphic settings regardless, on PC, it sounds like you put yourself at a disadvantage just to make the game look pretty.

1 Like

Correct, but consoles are very predictable and stable systems in terms of technical issues. PCs come in a wide variety of configurations so Blizzard works to provide the game to as many systems as possible.

The advantages of objects rendering in the gameplay are relatively limited. Another reason why pros typically run at low settings is to get the optimum input and FPS rates. For details on that, see my tech guide here:

In any case in the most strict sense, if you are looking to squeeze out every ounce of competitive advantage, its best to play on low settings.

The banner size is not like a flower size, this massive difference between low and normal graphic setting is ridiculous

I’m still of the opinion that if a line of sight blocking object cannot be rendered equally on all settings, it has to no right to be in the map at all. I don’t think it would particularly harm Hollywood if one object was removed.

Does anyone have the time index of the lucky shot through the banner? Nevermind, I found it. Checking Overwatch.

I can confirm that canvas (its technically not a banner) does not render at low settings, however it was so extremely high in the rafters making that instance more of a damn lucky shot rather than a rendering settings competitive advantage. It would be more of a problem if a user can remain suspended in that position indefinitely (which not even an Echo or Pharah can).

It was just after 2:20 on the clock on Guangzhou’s attack on Point C.

Interested to see how the devs respond to this…

What am I coming into?

The score is not what I expected it to be at this point.

Sounds like some major shenanigans happened so far.

Guangzhou Charge has been powering to super saiyan levels the past two months.

And the Genji buffs helped a lot.

Ultimate economy won that map. Remember everyone! Managing ults wins games!! (YES even in Gold or Plat!)

After Map 3

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I missed most of this morning’s games, why is Diem being played over Lip in the finals? Last time Dragons experimented with their roster they were losing rounds to Chengdu.
Charge are also on a roll and are a legit contender to win this thing after the NYXL match and a reverse sweep probably isn’t going to happen again.

Also: PS4 had the result of this round logged before the round ended on website :rofl:

Edit: I think the game is too far gone, either Charge take this map regardless of player swaps and 4-0 this, or Dragons take a map or even two, but Guangzhou are probably gonna take this.

IDK about that Wyoming.

Ult economy is important - but I don’t think reserving ults would have helped the Dragons in the last round with the way that GZ just rolled over them on point A. They might have had a better time holding off the onslaught - but I think they were just delaying the inevitable with a 4 minute time bank on point B.

Wait. What comp are Shanghai running for round 2? McCree/Soldier and Winston/Sigma??

Map 4 in progress - After Shanghai's first attack

ATK
-
-
-
0:55
-
-
-

This is looking more like the Dragons we know.

-sigh- Here we go again…

After Map 4

-
-
-
-
-
-

It is fairly obvious by now that the overwatch league is scripted. They had to make it so more games were played so they had it so that the charge wins a few maps and then the Shanghai dragons wins some maps to make it more interesting and extended just like they did for the May melee tournament

1 Like

If Shanghai gets another reverse-sweep in a final, I would agree.