Groups and Matchmaking in Overwatch

I know. But it’s still really weird, unusual. Plus, an higher level means more time in the game, which means more experience. So I think this is still not fair.

When fixed LOS bugs?

P.D. thanks for answering

I am personally at XP level 1354 and I am still a gold/plat brat. Yeah I am experienced, but that is only a tiny factor in your overall skill in the game.

Why only some? Why dont you aim to fix all of them?
Sorry i know its not your fault, but Sombras state is really frustrating at the moment and the bugs arent really new.

This is great information, thank you very much.

Since we’re on the topic of SR in general, do you have anything you can share with us about players who have reported that while unable to climb on their primary account, their secondary started them at a significantly higher SR? There seems to be this idea that no SR resets are artificially holding some people back because of their match history.

Thanks again!

6 Likes

This is a good question, I will add it to my post above.

1 Like

Do you ever get in a game with people with the same SR, but 800 levels lower?
Because I see it happening pretty often. You will probably beat someone with Lvl 500,right?

1 Like

I am now at a level where I am the highest experienced player in a majority of my matches and about 80% of the players I encounter are still in the 100-500 level range. If I was carrying games merely because of my experience level, I would not be a gold/plat brat.

Don’t you want to play with people with the same amount of experience as you? Wouldn’t you enjoy the game more if you get to play with people your level? At least I would…

Not good enough. She needs buffs, are you looking into that?

How were you expecting her to land in a good place, when you nerfed her from what was clearly not a good place to start with?

1 Like

The problem is that at my experience level, I make up about 0.2% of the overall community. If this was restricted, I would never find a fair match.

I’m replying without reading so that someone may see this.

LFP (looking for player) IDEA

As soon as you start looking through the LFG, your name appears in the LFP. Group leaders (and anyone really) can browse the LFP.

SR will be shown next to your name along with the heroes you prefer/are able to play.

You select which heroes you are willing to play in your Player Profile.
You can change which heroes at any time. Even while a match is going on

(I got this idea when I used to play WoW RBGs and we would sit in queue with 9 people. It would have been nice to have a list of all people browsing the LFG. Why have invites only go one way. BTW I know you groups can invite groups now.)

HOW TO FIX matchmaker (behind the scenes)
If I win a game, give 1 point to my 5 teammates.
If I loose a game, give negative one point to my 5 teammates.
When I queue for Comp, prefer the people with the most points. After 5 minutes in queue disregard all points and get me a match ASAP

Thank you.

1 Like

So you think there is only a few people with your level and skill rating? The game has over 40 million players, I think there should be enough people comparable to your stats to get you in a “normal” game.

But how many are online at any given time. Remember that “40 million players” accounts among all four major regions (Americas, Europe, Korea, China) and all three gaming platforms (PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4), so that already signficantly segments the pool. Not all 40 million players are still playing either. Finally, players are connected to their closest server location in most cases. Americas region has 5 different server locations. Finally, it is known that matchmaking now holds the same SR spread restrictions as grouping up.

So realistically, what you propose would hinder and make matchmaking a lot worse.

4 Likes

And still, in every of those (in my opinion unfair) matches it feels like the enemy team is much better than my team. And I really think that huge difference in skill is determined by the level difference, however, it can’t be shown by just a number.

In short, I just want to play fair matches. Without people with 400 levels more or less then I have. I feel like this weird problem takes the fun away from this game. Or at least from the competitive mode.

What about disconnects/leavers?
If people leave or disconnect during a competitive game, how does SR gain/loss differ, if at all?

It shouldn’t be fair that we lose the same amount of SR if someone on my team leaves – or is there less SR lost? - since I haven’t noticed that.

I think it’s also something like if the two minutes is over afer a player leaves, so you leave, then the next game you will either gain 2SR for a win, or lose 50SR for a loss.

I do think the matchmaking is fine when it comes to SR. But I have the feeling it isn’t looking at level difference at all, which, in my opinion, it should.

And also, some answers to my concerns and questions from the Overwatch team would be appreciated.

Their levels genuinely do not matter. For every match you play against someone with a gold border and think is unfair, I have one where I have a platinum border on my team and cannot for the life of me figure out why they are so bad at the game.

If you get discouraged by seeing higher level players and play more poorly as a result, yeah, you’re likely to lose that match. But the only thing that could be unfair in that matchmaking is the underlying system, not their levels. It’s not taking into account in matchmaking because it really, truly, effectively does not matter.

1 Like

I only solo que, but when I solo que. Why are you grouping me with low tier people in their 3100s? I am over 3700s and if I lose a game like that. I lose a whooping 27 SR and I need two wins in a row to make that up. The next two wins are always 24 or 25 on average if placed in a fair match.

That’s another thing, when the search says unfair match. Don’t instantly que me into a match. I don’t want to play an unfair match because it I lose it, I lose 27 Sr.

Normal matches are so much fairer. I gain more SR and lose Less SR.

Appreciate the response, are you happy with her current state?