Groups and Matchmaking in Overwatch

Yes my friend that’s correct. If they create every match to give each team a 50% chance of winning, then how can people possibly rank up? They cannot because they only have a 50% chance of winning, this is elo hell.

When we do that we risk getting suspended for harassment. So I don’t do that anymore.

2 Likes

If you want to do conspiracy, here is how blizzard would do it, although I don’t believe they would do this. If you start to stagnate in your rank, maybe your gun starts to do a little more damage. Once you gain a couple hundred SR, they take the extra damage away. Sure Blizz can do this so you keep playing the game, I seriously doubt they do though.

I don’t believe there is a 50% forced win rate. Blizzard confirmed as much if I remember correctly. With the characters I am stronger at I typically have over 60%wr. Vise versa my weaker characters are often at around 40%wr. I rarely have any that is exactly or very close to 50% for an extensive period of time.

1 Like

so I am in bronze could I play with anyone I like

Groups don’t last because they are unsustainable. Jeff already admitted DPS characters are far more popular than tanks or healers. So you have this permanent awkwardness… People don’t like playing support, but feel guilty playing the characters most players find more fun, or resent the teammates that hog the DPS slots.

LFG doesn’t fix the fact you have a game where certain jobs are required to win but almost no one wants to do them.

Make healers more fun.

what’s going to happen is 1800SR Mercy mains will be welcomed in 2700SR groups.

Have you actual watched and played comp at all in the past 2 years? How is it doing a “pretty decent job”?

Just thought of something. If your opponent is not playing consistently, will that change your SR gain or loss?

If I don’t play consistently, my SR is affected, but what about my opponents??

Why does it seem that my last 40 matches were where my team was the underdog and our chance of winning was very low.

Rather than every match my team having less than 50% chance to win why can’t it be balanced where my team has a greater chance at winning once in a while. I notice a huge difference when my team has the greater then 50% chance at winning as it almost feel too easy to win. On the other hand when my team has less of a chance at winning then it feels impossible to win.

I may have only lost 15 - 17 SR but its still a loss and 50 losses later I dropped from Diamond to Silver but my stats with Soldier for example as far as accuracy, damage, and elims are on par with Diaomond and above but I am still losing despite that as well as having all golds and 65% or higher kill participation.

CMON - What does it take to win? I often lose with 70% kill participation, 3 Golds with 5 Metals, 21,000 damage, 50+ Elims, 30+ Objective kills, and average 50% accuracy and still lose the match over and over again.

Problems with LFG right now:

1. Competitive LFGs does not show group rating, and/or does not make it clear whether you’re in range or not.
  2. LFG system does not care for the players region, causing high latency for the player on the farther region. (I had a mix of AU and SEA players in LFG)
1 Like

the SR caps in the LFG are either Red Yellow or Green. I wonder if that means you’re in range??

if you read wyomigmist’s TL;DR, it says it does filter by latency…

Would it be possible to have the option to allow only peoples with visible profile to join the group? This can help to know when we have a good mercy and a good tank. Same applies for making better strategies.

Considering that it only shows the one’s for which you are in range and also that the higher the number the redder the number, I suspect it’s just a “warning”.

1 Like

There is no problem with grouping with unknown humans… I will always stay with solo or duo thank u.
I’ve never trusted large group queues.

It may or may not. But the fact that I’m still having such mix between sub-regions means the players from either region will suffer high ping. Never saw US players in my LFG though so I think it’s just missing one metric or something.

1 Like

Great job Blizzard on this new feature! It actually became more fun playing in comp right now. Less toxic players especially in ps4

What will the LFG system do with unranked players (i.e., never played competitive before) who want to group up with others for Season 11 placements?

1 Like

How about region lock? I find it’s really frustrating to play with people in Canada while in South East Asia (i just moved back in SEA)
Also Team vote for flexing ? My idea is to make a vote system for the group to see if we need a flex or not then one of the players pick the flex slot, or vote for a person to be flex (which is not likely). I know alot of players who can flex to all heroes really well but they are stuck in the slot they took when we play with a few randoms.

1 Like

That’s almost 2 years ago I just wanted to see if they would revisit this issue