Group Search - Group Names are gone (PS4)

I - and several other people - have a problem on the PS4 with Group Search/Looking for Group. Since the last update of Overwatch, I cannot see group names anymore. Which means - all groups are listed for me as „(Username)s Group“ and not with the individual name the group leader has given the group (for example „Plat ENG EU Mic Open Profiles“). I have tested this with a friend - even if he starts a group search and calls the group „plat eng mic EU“ it only shows up for me as „Bfmjay‘s group“. When I want to make my own group, I am not allowed anymore to change the group name. It only says something along the lines of „group name cannot be changed due to account restrictions“. There are no restrictions on my account. I have not gotten banned or anything. Yes, it is the account of a 17 year old, but I have no restrictions on my account. Everything worked perfectly fine up till the last update of OW on Tuesday.
Aside from that - even if I had restrictions imposed on my account - why would this lead to not showing me the group names of other groups?? What would be the justification for that? Especially on EU server it’s CRUCIAL to see the group names. Considering all the languages, if I cannot see the group name, I cannot see what nationality or rank or whatever other requirements they have for their group, they are searching for. I don‘t want to gamble going into a French or Arab or Dutch group.

I am not the only one with this problem. My sister has the same issue. She most certainly did not get banned or anything, because she hasn‘t touched the game for MONTHS.

I have the feeling that OW is having an issue with the PSN there and for some reason primarily „underage“ accounts face this problem. BUT I do not quite understand why, my poor underage soul, needs to be protected from group names?? Especially considering I am old enough to play the game. Why do I need to be babysitted when it comes to GROUP SEARCHES?

Please look at the issue. LFG is one of my primary modes of handling this game. I want to find/join a nice group of people for the horrors of Competitive. But like this it is impossible. No one wants to join my group if it is just called „MelAmazingRawr‘s Group“ and I don‘t want to just join random groups without being able to know their requirements.

EDIT: I talked to the PSN support and they say it’s not their fault or an issue with their TOS changing.

12 Likes

Its also happening with the names Francisco custom games. That matters the most because now we cant play workshop.

4 Likes

Yup it is so annoying

3 Likes

I am really curious WHEN someone of Blizzard is finally going to answer or look into this? it has been nearly a week, c’mon, please!

7 Likes

I have the same problem on a old account that’s NEVER played overwatch before, I login in on it for the first time ever and this happens. WTF!!!

2 Likes

Just curious, bc I have the same problem. Are all of the people having issues sub accounts/“child members” on their ps4? Bc mine is a sub account and the family manager account has no problem with group names…
??

3 Likes

Same. I am a minor and i cant see anything, but my friends can name their own group. I think account restrictions means under 18. So i have 3 years of nameless lfg. Fun.

3 Likes

I also have the issue with two sub accounts for minors, the main account is working perfectly fine. Which is why I had called the PSN service because I thought there might have been a policy change, though I don’t know why you’d need to protect minors from…group names?? I don’t think there’s ever been serious issue with grooming or whatever. But they said it’s not anything they have changes and I mean the issue arose with the Anniversary Update but Tech Support And Customer Support supposedly don’t know anything as well…

4 Likes

One more thing… the family manager on my ps4 is also a minor… 17 yrs and he can still see the names
What a joke

4 Likes

It’s been over a month and they sti haven’t fixed this issue it’s sooooo anyoying I can barely play the game anymore

3 Likes

September and it’s STILL a thing , can’t enjoy the game at its fullest either

1 Like

Wow still no change. Fantastic

1 Like

This is quite literally the dumbest bug I have ever seen. Why is this not getting fixed. It is ruining the game for several people because we have no idea what we are getting into.

1 Like

I am also having problem. I have family manager set up

1 Like

I have the same problem and this is also for many of my friends too. Plis fix this Blizzard

I love it when the devs ignore the console community. :upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Me too :upside_down_face::rage:

Still not fixed? Please fix this it is very frustrating!
It is almost like we are shadows and devs can not see what we are writing

It’s been like a half a year now.
Have resorted to playing on another account because of how game breaking this bug is. My account was level 300+ and now I can’t enjoy the game anymore as I always have to solo queue.

I am over 18 and this is an issue, I cant play competitive anymore without going through 30 groups to find people with english. Please fix this!