Group Players Based On Rank

Won’t help you avoid people doing it on the other team.

No it doesn’t. LFG is just Arranged Team with a manual display, not actually a team search function.

Honestly, matchmaking is pretty busted. I sometimes have diamond and gold players in the same game. There’s a huge difference in decision-making on tank role.

Edit: ofcourse it matters on other roles too but a passive tank can seriously cost you a match.

it takes 30 minutes to find a group (Criteria such as public accounts only ,10 hours min of comp that season, 55% win rate)., and after you lose a match the group almost always disbands.

There is a lot that can be done to improve the LFG mode such as letting host put in more criteria for players (such as no bastion mains).

Actually I think people would have a better time searching for groups using outside sources like Discord or reddit even… Idk. The LFG is just wading through deranking groups, and then when you create your own people leave after 1 game … it’s annoying.

edit: people have been asking for guilds for a LONG time… I’m not sure why this game doesn’t have them.

For comp, 1k points is fine.

For QP, no.
I literally have ONE FRIEND i play with…he’s <500 Bronze. I’d literally never be able to play with him if we had to be in the same rank!

1 k Is not fine by any means. I play at a high gold level and I hate being paired up with silvers/bronze players

1 Like

Not a game-breaking massive difference between silver and gold.
Difference? Yes. But not massive.

It’s more of an issue the higher up the ladder you go, but I doubt they’ll change it for high elo and not low elo, so it’s either all change or nothing, and I don’t think it’s a problem for the more populated lower elos.

They might drop the points by a bit, but not by a ton. So most ppl annoyed by 1k would still be annoyed.

the skill difference is huge, silvers have 0 game sense.

K so Bronze and Silver has 0/10
Golds have 2/10

High elo is laughing at both. lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Why does it matter? The match maker should be pairing like stats.

Because a gold Moira with a diamond Widow is a different thing entirely than a gold Reinhardt with a diamond Lucio.

I’m confused, wouldn’t you want to find the person who can aid you?

My point was, it’s vastly more important to have high skill on some heroes than others. A diamond DPS sways a match far more than a diamond support.

A diamond Genji for instance will completely carry a match in plat, whereas a diamond support helps but is not nearly as big of a deal.

222 is just an automated subset of LFG though??? it does the same exact thing, except it does the searching for you…

in any case they could definetly improve on it…some ideas ive thrown around on here before

• placing the LFG on the front page as a CORE feature of the game
  • incentivize the use of it - much like you have now incentivized tanking (support too, but mostly tank)
  • remove the “grouping” aspect of the game mode as it was one of the chief complaints of the system (always playing against 6 stacks)…or at the very least dont display it as youre currently doing with comp
  • put in an option for mirror matching…could just be a checkbox so that your opponent is also using whatever role comp your team is
  • incentivizing staying in the group after the match
  • improving the UI
  • role based SR couldve been added there as well
  • could still balance the game with 222 in mind - these most recent shield changes are FANTASTIC and wouldve also been positively received in an era of variable comp…
1 Like

When LFG was first announced, I thought it would work like 222 does now.

You do realize that system is dead?

One person using it won’t change anything.

3 Likes

what about the people in gm? im being matched with people that i literally could not queue

JK the LFG is hilariously outdated and is incredibly abused for the wrong purposes. I report groups DAILY for deranking and selling accounts or boosting.

1 Like

It depends on what your incentive is. I believe the majority want to climb in competitive and being in stacks (LFG or otherwise) is not conducive to that goal.

Finding games takes longer and the games are far more challenging due to both teams being more organized.

Matchmaking as a whole is anti team building which means LFG and Matchmaking are at odds with each other in philosophy and design.

In order to fix this they would have to stop shielding solo, duo, and trio stacks from playing against full six stacks. Making for matchmaking as an LFG (or otherwise) group just as fast to queue as that of solo.