Greatest advice

The greatest advice I’ve ever gotten was in game from a play I knew was way out of our league. He said “trust the system” when it comes to playing the game. It wants you to win but everyone in plat flex’s or thinks they’re the best player on the team. It gets toxic in voice chat in gold/plat but this guy changed my perception of the game and we won. Next game he’s on the other team. I know what he’s going to play so I auto lock his counter and hop I can harass enough to help the team. He was Sombra and couldn’t miss and kept coming up from behind. So I chose Moria because she’s made the most sense and she’s in my wheelhouse of characters.
We both stayed on fire the whole game but I had a mission to make sure I stopped him. We won a hard fought game. And it felt good for once.

Gold/plat is the largest grouping of people because everyone assumes that plat means something. I hear I got golds every game in plat. News flash, so could the whole team you don’t know what they have. It doesn’t show you for a reason. It’s a team based game not a run and gun.

The ranking system isn’t out to get you. It’s there to make sure your good enough to move up. The reason you don’t is because in plat you’ll get someone who call the game a loss and switch to dps because he’s the best. That’s fine. You have the ability to switch to the role he left if you want to help the team through his desision. Instead of asking for something just do it. It might help the team.

What I’m coming to is this. Lose the “I got golds” mentality. Lose the main tank\healer mentality. Lose the sarcastic thanks and I need healing spam. These functions are there to relay information to your team not to be make your team hate you. Go into voice chat and listen for relevent info if all you hear is toxin just leave and keep playing to win. Go back to your main. You climbed out from your original placements with a character to really took the time to learn and became good with but you decided this season your going to try someone new and cry that your team sucks. Look at the game as a kid and listen to the audio queues on how well your doing. If your on fire then your doing a lot for the team. The game is letting you know and your team too. Pull up your info tab constantly to see what’s happening and if your ahead in a fight or down. You can also see ult percentages. I always hear at the end of a match there’s someone that asks why we have certain characters thatve been playing in the fight for several push’s. But “it’s their fault we lost” no yours for not paying attention.

Play the game like a kid would. Why do you think you get wrecked by an 8 year old Genji. Because he only plays genji and no one on your team try’s to counter him so he exploits it.

The game will let you move up if it thinks your good enough. The pros play the same game but better than you. Top 500 is the goal so grind a single character until you’ve reached the top. You’ll learn along the way. You adapt and learn from your mistakes.

1 Like

Hey uhm quick question, why is this in the story discussion forum? I think this should be in General.

4 Likes

Did I not tell a story?

The way I see it, this is a gameplay conversation starter. This is the Story discussion forum. As far as I understand, story discussions relate to the lore, not primarily to actual gameplay.

Aside from not being relevant to story discussions, I think your post will not reach its intended audience, who would gladly discuss gameplay.

I’m not here to tell you what to do mind you, I’m just a random Average Joe OW player, it’s just that I would personally post this in General.

2 Likes