Graphics settings revert after each big patch

Is this normal, to end up on all high/ultra settings after every major patch?

1 Like

Do you have NVIDIA? I know they have a ‘suggested’ settings program that automatically ‘optimizes’ your settings (ie changing them to the max)

Try launching the GeForce Experience if you have it, and check if thats the case for overwatch :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a PC builder and enthusiast and I absolutely would NOT recommend Geforce Experience to anyone, it does things that it shouldn’t and is a real pain. It’s best to do it yourself and not let Geforce experience any where near your disk.

2 Likes

I had it preinstalled and only keep it for the sake of recording gameplay (its the best thing I have since OBS tends to glitch out for me)

Interesting, I know OBS likes to run in Admin mode and will glitch / refuse to work if not. Other than that it’s quite happy XD on my system I run in G-sync mode and I found OBS tends to want u you to be in full screen. I think the DX12 portion of it needs maturity.

2 Likes

They push the geforce experience in order to streamline graphics driver updates that usually break stuff.

I have it for the sake of convenience… A touch of irony I must say.

1 Like

I’ve seen cases where it pushed a beta driver and a driver a year older than what was current. I guess maybe they’re allowed to smoke weed on the job?