Grandmaster junkrat main: these changes are not the right ones

Junkrat needed these changes

You’ll be fine.

1 Like

I mean ,there’s a huge difference between “bronze to gm” and “mid plat to high diamond”

I want to know what your SR was before the junk buffs.

1. Because you need to rely on your team
  2. Because the enemies can counter you
  3. Because easy to play doesnt mean ez win

Good enough reasons for you?

Well it should impact the junkrats who can actually aim less than the no-aim heroes that are still effective.

1 Like

i was 3200 on pc and 4100 on console

1 Like

Then those “master” players have to be really REALLY stupid to die by a junkrat spamming granades. Not going to call bs on your story, just telling you may have faced the worst masters in the game.

2 Likes

So, it’s a bit clear you do not like Junkrat and you have a bias against him.

Which is cool. Take this coming from me - I despise Junkrat. I hate every aspect of his entire hero design.

The thing is, the patch notes are saying, “This should reduce the frustration” - which is the spam. The spam that causes 120 damage with direct hits. But what a lot of Junkrat players are saying, and what OP is implying, is that this isn’t addressing that. It’s not going to make him less-spammy…it’s going to make him more spammy because he’ll have to be more spammy to land more direct hits.

So it’s not addressing the core issue of his spam. It’s almost encouraging it.

Beyond that point, Junkrat does take skill. I get you’re mad, but come on…that’s SUCH an abhorrent statement. All heroes take skill, and a plat Junkrat shouldn’t win against a Diamond or Masters player because THOSE PLAYERS SHOULD KNOW HOW TO PICK STRONG COUNTERS. :smiley:

4 Likes

I’d argue that the “nerf” to Brigitte’s Shield Bash Hitbox was more a buff, considering if the enemy team was grouped up tight enough, it could hit someone we weren’t even attempting to target with it.

Yeah that is true, plus he has his mine as a go-to for close range

I’ve been reading everyone’s responses and so far nobody is fully understanding why these nerfs are so terrible. Reducing Rats projectile size and slowing his tire is the equivalent of nerfing Widowmaker to where she shivers in sniper mode. It renders the character completely useless. I am a Junk main and I played PTR Rat multiple times and I got nothing accomplished. I could maybe get an accidental kill or two but thats about it. I couldn’t hit someone even if they were right in my face, my ult is useless since it has the durability of a bubble and since its slower it always gets destroyed before it goes anywhere near a target. I know people will say you have to aim better but that’s the issue it doesn’t matter how well you aim you cant hit anyone period. The enemy will always get out of the way cause there bouncing around like virgins at a prison rodeo. If you want to balance Rat just lower his ult charge and take a mine away.

2 Likes

Oh i’m sure you must be soooo much better than them. They all must really be silver players. They must of all been caried

Unless the enemy team has a pharah that our solider or Mccree couldn’t get rid of then no I didn’t get countered. Why? Because i sat half way across the map spamming my nades into chokes, getting my ult in 3 seconds and basically spawn camping them. Yeah maybe this nerf wont make him less spammy but it’s a step in the right direction. Junkrat needs some further changes for sure. One being that his trap’s hit box is bigger than its hit box so sometimes if a player model is a little bigger than its model then it looks like they get sucked in. (I wont lie it’s Kinda funny) But the real nerf he needs is longer reload times or less projectiles or he fire his nades slower.

Everyone knows how much i despise junkrat. But, feels like this change just encourages spam even more

2 Likes

Slower fire rate, less granades and longer reload? Lol, why not just remove him from the game and call it a day? Im sure you would love that.

Oh and i am sure you are being placed vs masters when you are plat on console. You hate junkrat we get it, no need to invent stories, im just glad you arent in the balance department.

If you actually read my comments from earlier you would know i just created a smurf to only play Junkrat that’s why i was playing against masters/diamonds I’m not stupid why would i make up a mid plats playing against those higher ranks. :thinking:

I also never said to so ALL of those nerfs that why i said OR not AND. ACTUALLY READ THE POST don’t just skim over the parts you want to see so you can complain about your precious “Skill” rat

Why not comment from that smurf then? I also have a smurf where i am grandmaster as widowmaker on play station.

It’s on xbox. I linked it to this account is it not linked?

You have a platinum one in xbox with bastion as main on competitive.