Gpu usage at 0.1%/ gpu copy

I have been playing for a while on pc with no problems, yesterday 5-21-2019 the game drops fps to 20 ( 10 in fight ) when it normally runs high 80-90s on high setttings,
I checked task manager and it said gpu copy only on OW
I have tried the NVIDIA control panel,
I have my power supply on high performance mode, nothing is on power saver, its a desktop with an i7-7700, 8gb of ram (4x2 sticks) and a gtx 1060 3gb,
all drivers are up to date,
i have reset the game, pc, uninstalled the game 3 times with no positive results,
gpu works fine on other games at high settings 100 +
I would like to get this fixed by the end of the event, Thanks in advanced for any help

1 Like

There is a bug with the latest Windows update that shows the GPU at 0% even when it’s being used. However, if you’re also suddenly experiencing a performance issue, my best guesses are that you have a Razer Chroma device, or that something has changed with your hardware. If you’re still stumped, post a DxDiag so other players or staff can review it and help you figure this out.

DxDiag instructions (click to expand/collapse)
  1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

Note: If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can break it up into two posts, or post it on Pastebin and provide the hash code (the random numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.

1 Like

Same. I’ve played this game on Epic settings since launch, and after March but specially the Havana update it has turned unplayable for me. Characters models take a long time to load if I join a match right after opening the game, but the random/sudden FPS drops will happen for over 5 matches until it’s over.

Made a test and lowered everything from Epic to Low and the result is absolutely the same, no real gains. My FPS is locked to 60 btw. I also didn’t change any hardware lately nor software (possibly only Windows 10 updates, although it’s very clear it got worse right after the Havana update).

I actually played this new patch right after rebooting my computer and it felt ok, but something very weird happened. Was playing Mystery Heroes on Ilios and after a normal first round, on the second round my character’s model and my teammates model never loaded for the entire round. The enemy was fine however. This can’t possibly be a problem on my end, it’s too bizarre. I had nothing opened on background during the entire time, just rebooted PC and opened Overwatch.

So many people have been complaining about the same issue, and I know the tech team is trying to gather more information but I hope the dev team is also investigating this on their side. The game running fine and suddenly super bad for a lot of people can’t possibly be a common issue on their end unless the game has some issues with latest windows updates, but still I’m sure it’s something that could be fixed on devs side since more demanding games still run fine.

thank you so much, im getting 144 fps now, i spent over 11 hours trying to make it work

2 Likes

i have the same problem but i didnt understand how i can solve it…

[Edited by Blizzard] Please check the Known Technical Issues thread regarding this issue.
This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.