GPU output not working anymore

I just came back from a week vacation and started overwatch again. A small update had to be done. During that i went afk for other things. When i got back i had no more video output. My screen was connected via displayport. Tried my screen on another pc, and the displayport of the screen was still good, meaning my GPU displayport went dead.
Accepted this since the GPU is already a bit older.
Then i connected my screen via HDMI and all was good again. Started OW, went to 4v4 deadmatch and again no more video output.
Did this last overwatch update fry a displayport and HDMI? Both stopped working during OW, and outside OW the HDMI was working properly, also on other games.
To clarify, both DP and HDMI are not working anymore, when starting up PC they both have no output, the problem is still there and not during OW alone.
Help is appreciated since a new GPU costs more than a gold ingot.
Greets

Sounds like a driver problem instead of the port, especially if it’s working outside the game. The client updates won’t have any bearing on your physical hardware.

I hope it is software aswell, but after the first DP crash, the DP port was not working anymore, also not outside OW, and after the second crash, the HDMI port wont output anywhere anymore.
So now i am typing this on the IGPU since the GPU doesnt work anymore.

Need more details:

Make/Model of Video Card…

GPU is an MSI r9 280x.
Was always working fine.

For schniggles, I’d run the h ttp s://w ww. amd. com / en / sup port / kb/ faq / gpu-601 utility to clear out all the drivers, and reinstall the latest.

Also, check the power supply, if the “Rail” that is powering the video card has gone bad on the PS, it can cause issues too.

Hey there kciR,

Does the igpu meet min specs for Overwatch? If yes, could we test it there to see if the same issue happens?

If the same issue does NOT happen, we will have to recommend speaking with a local PC hardware technician who can help reseat the GPU and check for damages. If the card is damaged in some way, the tech may recommend repair or replacement options.

Wish we had a more direct solution here. Our ability to assist with hardware is limited due to being an online-only service.

Hope the info helps. Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.