GPU melting after new patch

Hello there!
With my new fabulous PC I’ve been able to keep playing OW with max graphic settings and sitting at 120fps. After new patch my fps dropped down to 20 with the same settings. Why is that?
I’ve updated drivers, repaired the game and even deleted a few games to make up some space. Nothing worked.

Hi there Aderton,

I am sorry to hear that the performance of the game has dropped with the most recent update. I hope to help out here and get things working better.

The first thing I would do here is reset the game settings for the game. These can sometimes cause issues and cause performance to drop like you are reporting.

Let’s go ahead and check for Clockspeeds and temp problems as well. I would like to ask you Download HwMonitor and check your temps.

You should be able to find the spec for your CPU and GPU on the manufacture websites. If you would like us to look though, please upload pictures of the HWmonitor tool to an image sharing site like Imgur.com, and post links here.

Last, I would like to grab a DXdiag, it can tell us a bit about what is going on here and the system we are working with.

DxDiag instructions (click to expand)
  1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and then press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file something you can remember and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight all of the text and click </> on the post editor.

Note: If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can break it up into two posts, or post it on Pastebin and provide the numbers/letters after the .com in your reply.

/Nathardrick

/a/l2Dgyqj
Here’s the link for HVMonitor, one could tell that CPU is overheating. Just put the imgur link at front.
I will link the DxDiag link soon enough.

/497kwsMQ
And the pastebin link at front. That would be the DxDiag.
Sorry, I’m not “high level enough” to post links in forums :confused: