Gotta admit it's mighty dps dependent in the low ranks gold and lower

As it should be with all the encouraged smurfing

Thanks for the constructive feedback. I will.keep that in mind and since there are so many shields, positioning is also screwed up because I can’t heal through them.

1 Like

You are 100% wrong, I have seen an Mercy main go from 1860sr to 2700 in one day, and you know how. High Diamond Pharah playing with the Mercy. The good Pharah Can solo carry every fight by just killing the whole enemy team, and legit its just that. Enemy teams Hitscans do not have the aim to kill the better pharah so those 2 pretty much went 1000sr up with 0 losses.

Solo carrying definetly excist. And it isnt that hard to do with 1 friend by your side

If you have 1 friend along with you, you’re not solo carrying. If you have a pharah, it’s she that carries you.

Remove your pharah friend and carry as mercy. Good luck

1 Like

You missed the whole point, anyway you can also solo carry with Zenyatta as healer. Fragging isnt that hard with him. You just gotta be good in the game.

Also these Dps can easily solo carry games
Genji / Tracer / Widowmaker / Ashe / Doomfist

Missed the point, how? It’s simple, if Mercy teams up with Pharah it’s no longer solo carry. It’s rather simple.

Zenyatta might carry, if he’s extremely good. But he can’t do much against a shield stack, and if there’s a Roadhog he can’t even get close enough to do anything.

And atleast those 5 dps I mentioned need no help in Solo carrying the game :smiley:

It’s even ELO hellier now, than before. If you are ANY good at your role - pick self-sustain-stat-bumping heroes.
You might wanna try Baptiste. You will basically out-dps every silver dps and voila!

1 Like

Mostly it’s not even the dps. It’s the tanks. But most plat or lower player doesn’t even see it when a tank plays bad. You are probably already satisfied when your Rein is just walking with his shild up, sometimes he makes a stop, then he continues his way.
And I can tell you, he and his co Tank were probably the reasonyou lost cause they never opened any space for your dps to do something.

If I play with an aggressive Rein and I Keep him alive, we win 99% from my experience.

1 Like

For me it’s the support class that is the most varied. Lots of dps moiras, lucios and even mercys.

PBSR gains and losses are really not strong enough or they are going by very strange stats.

This is the solution.

Full dps moira.

People are constantly telling me to make space for dps. What does that even mean?

Dps: “tanks aren’t creating any space gg”

Me: “Can you please tell me exactly what you need, I don’t understand what you want. Do you want me to dive with you with dva or you want to be shielded with rein?”

Dps: “You’re stupid you don’t belong in this rank”

3 Likes

Especially now with so many feeding roadhogs and other tanks it is not hard to get high healing without having much impact.

Also to someone who tested his like 60 accounts on PTR to test placements for each role. What had more influence on your end placement.
Winning is of course the biggest influence on your end rating.
After that for support it is kill participation. So not healing.

I dont know for sure how true his tests were or if blizzard has changed things.
But not healing result in a loss anyway. But at the moment finding a good mix between healing and helping (can also mean boosting) make kills is best for supports.

I honestly believe as time goes on every role is guilty, but if I had to point the finger I would say as does some notable folks who have commented on it that the root problem is that tanks don’t understand their role, and healers do too much DPS up through Plat, and DPS act like their only job is “get out there and get kills” rather than peeling and coordinating with the team on a fight or objective. I really cannot blame just DPS, I think the burden of the problem actually is with healers doing too much DPS actually, but its kind of hidden as a problem due to doing any healing at all people assume they did it well.

Often this just literally means walk forward. A lot of Reins and Orissa players like to stand in choke and wait for the dps to pull a miracle but the Tank can help by pushing forward forcing the enemy to pull back. This is the space.

The off-tank can create space by keeping enemies away from the dps and healers. eg if a tracer is harassing, the dva or hog should try to “peel” and keep them away from their own team. Often it’s not a kill but doing enough damage to force them to retreat.

3 Likes

Most of the losses I incurred as dps is tanks not pressing w and supports playing bap moira with dive. I Honestly feel that offtank is the carry role in 2-2-2

1 Like

Its literally what it sounds like, but a ibit more complex. The best description I have read that conveys it is imagine looking down on the map. The tank should literally move into and pressure back the enemy team from a position that favores the enemy to allow DPS and supports to move up and hold the space as the tank moves forward. That’s the basic idea, and if you think of pushing the choke on Hanamura offense, you have the idea.

It’s more complex though than that, as a tank might need to “create space” against any target holding a favorable position by pressuring them. Now, what makes a tank a tank is… health pool. They are like a DPS that has a lot of health, so they can stand in place longer (especially if supports are healing them and DPS peeling for them). Depending on what is happening, the tank needs to realize its more than push the choke or walk in front of the payload. They set the pace of the fight for their team overall, and need to keep moving forward and pressuring, but might need to stop temporarily to pressure a key enemy DPS or even support that is holding space for their team.

What’s even more interesting is everyone’s job is to make space, though few realize it. Some new folks go “nuh uh, itz da tankz jobz to makez spacez” not realizing that is precisely also what DPS does, very much so. They put pressure on and hopefully eliminate targets freeing up and then taking positions to maintain space. Likewise, Supports contribute to this by allowing tanks primarily to hold space (Supports often IMHO dont prioritize tanks enough). DPS if played well needs to first see what is happening with the tanks making space, peel for them and advance into position around the space they create to hold it and allow the tank to move forward (with healing from Supports).

I will say that 7/10 times people say to tanks “your not making space” don’t peel or even use that space around the tank and realize making space is also a DPS function with supporting the tank and then using the space they create. A DPS a mile ahead of the tank is not usually a good DPS unless is a flanker trying for an early pick to get an edge in an upcoming fight.

EDIT: One thing I see that a lot of people miss right now is that Doomfist is exceedingly good at making space, as is Mei. A Doom pressuring a team constantly backwards is often making space better than most of the tanks, and that’s something of a problem. i expect a slight nerf to his shielding most likely, but maybe damage to even this out under 2-2-2.

3 Likes

This. I’ve seen loads of great Hogs, Zaryas and Sigmas fragging out.

I’ve also seen loads of games where dps have been utter trash, just feeding 1v6 and getting no value.

One game on Blizzard World our Zarya had all the golds. I was on silver elims with Lucio and his little pop gun. I wasn’t Reddit Lucio. I just stayed back and had gold healing as well.

And dps never pick around the team. If support pick Ana and Bap ( which can be an amazing combo), Rein and Sigma (another nice combo) then they’ll almost certainly pick Reaper and Doomfist, dive through enemy shields and die constantly.

Then they’ll scream for heals, through all the enemy shields they’ve dived past.

222 hasn’t magically taught teamwork, or even, apparently, common sense.

2 Likes

7.5 - 8/10 is very very bad. That’s silver. You should be over 10k.
Prehealing as Ana is always a problem. You should not do it. This will always keep you down in rank.
As I said. Your stats aren’t average for plat and you seem to have been struggling in gold.

Ngl I do feel like below diamond (and even at diamond tbh) the concept of HOW to make space isn’t really fully understood. Timing, positioning and target priority are all important.

1 Like