Gotta admit it's mighty dps dependent in the low ranks gold and lower

I don’t play support because IMHO it is harder to carry.

I know that if I go tank or dps and kill the healers, then we have pretty much won the team fight.

1 Like

Was lucio earlier and i see a reaper dropping down, successfully countering his ult with barrier, then soldier comes in and kills 3 of us while we’re stood next to rein who could have just put his shield up and we still die. IMHO the lower ranks need seperate ranks like csgo, silver 1,2,3,4, elite and not be so fkn blahsay about the 500 sr difference between them. 1 good damage 500 sr can carry a team, 2 bad dps can crumble a team.

1 Like

I’m just going to avoid playing support. I guess I’m just a dps main and can’t handle seeing the crap I see.

It’s a team game. Everyone has to do their part. 2-2-2 hasn’t changed people from good to bad players. Group with people you trust if you want a good game.

If support and tanks are such great carries, why is it that whenever I see a guy boosting his mate 1000 SR lower, he’s the one playing the dps and his lower SR friend is the one playing Mercy and pocketing him?

Anybody ever see a booster play a support whilst the ones being carried play the dps?

DPs have higher impact and can more easily punish the mistakes of enemy team mates.

But, agreed, there’s plenty of crap tanks and supports as well. I’m one of them now. I’m learning Baptiste in comp and failing miserably. One game I went 0-10 and only 3k heals. Not great…

But, I’ve had so many games with team mates clearly not playing their main hero, or even a role they’ve ever played before, I’m treating Beta as 222 quickplay and plan to learn Bap, Sigma, Dva and maybe Ana.

2 Likes

in my games so far with this role que update, my tank rooster dealt with bastion, peeling for backline and breaking shields with no help from these over-praised damage class so i think we should be fine…besides at most all u need is one braindead bastion to take care of double shield.

All roles can DPS at a decent level. The problem is all roles can’t even kind of heal and Mei is the closest thing we have to a tank other than tanks.

DPS are bad? Go Zen and/or Moira. If Pharah is an issue Ana is actually pretty good at keeping her at least worried about being dead.

Because dps is more independent.

Appropriately ranked tanks/heals have more impact than appropriately ranked dps. Smurf dps usually has more impact than tanks/healers. Usually

2 Likes

Exactly. And many dps are inappropriately ranked.

eg, game today, enemy Reaper literally just walking into our team and getting some kills, then wraithing out. He’d take on 2 or 3 team mates at once, including our dps. I think that he had circa 20-3 kd by match end.

Normally I’d play Lucio to boop him away if my dps can’t kill him. But I thought that I’d be the selfish never swap player for a change, as I’m trying to learn Bap.

Beta has made the problem far worse. Had a player on Widow for 5+ minutes. Not a single final blow.

I’ve had games with Mercy mains on Dva and Rein mains on hitscan dps.

Player quality at any SR is all over the place right now.

To be fair, seen some filthy Sigmas get tons of kills. So he might be a good carry tank due to massive damage output.

General rule of thumb I’ve found:

If you’re losing a fight that’s long, drawn out, and could have been close, then it’s probably your dps’ fault.

If you’re getting absolutely destroyed on defense, or dying without making any meaningful progress on attack, then it’s probably your tank’s fault.

If everything pushes up properly and just promptly dies, then it’s probably your support’s fault.

Based on this, you can probably tell that bad tanking or bad support play will sink a team far worse than bad dps players.

Don’t automatically blame whatever role you’re not on. Actually think about the job of each role, and then make a decision (hopefully as a team, but sometimes only as an individual player) on what needs to be changed or who needs to swap (example: I was playing Rein and realized my team was getting pulverized by a Symmetra and nobody was doing anything to counter her. Rather than flame my dps, I took it upon myself to switch to Winston, and we ended up winning).

1 Like

Yeah, right now a lot of players are boosted with the new system (I play a plat level tank and know for a fact that I am not a plat level dps, yet got placed in plat for dps). I think that will all get sorted out soon enough though, it is a beta season after all haha.

1 Like

Well that’s the thing, I’ve been in long engagements where it’s been,“why isn’t anything dying?” is repeatedly being said or tanks saying why do I have gold elims / damage. The usual stuff.

Albeit I’ve been in some bad games where as the dps we’ve done poorly, it seems to be the whole comp that we decide to play though.

Not saying you’re wrong but I’ve had a lot more quality games than bad ones. I’m playing in low gold/high silver range and it’s pretty fun, even when I’m in my least effective role (Tank). I agree, that it’s much easier to win when you play DPS but that’s probably because the system keeps matching me with DPS who doesn’t seem to understand their kit as much. I can play a lot of DPS but most of the time, I’ll just go Sym and turretbomb everyone to death (especially on 2cp). It’s slightly more difficult to win as tank/support. When I play tank, I prefer to play off-tank and tend to be really aggressive and that usually gets my team to push as well. If I have to play main tank, I just hope that my main support actually does their job lol. As support, Moira/Mercy is always the safest bet but I’ve won as Zen as well so not really too difficult. If anyone is a winner in 2-2-2, it’s the flex players. <3

You can.

Try out Zenyatta.

Try out Zenyatta.

simple counters like Winston/Sym/Genji are causing losses in low gold plat right now

also the new thing seems to be when asking others insult u

I really wish blizzard had done the right thing
and actually MADE THIS COMMUNITY LEARN THERE GAME BY MAKING A TUTORIAL THAT ACTUALLY EXPLAINED THE GAME

I’ve had good games as dps, and steadily climbing north of 2600 now - started at 2200’s.

I’m not quite sure what’s going on with my support but now dropping into the 1700’s.

I know the game sense is different between the two roles, but I don’t see how I could be that far off from the mark. Something still doesn’t feel right.

I can see your support issue.

You’re spending time on Ana and Mercy.

Ana is super team dependent, in terms of staying in your Los. I assume your dps run all over the map and cry for heals from around ten corners?

Mercy is very low impact and helps a winning team win better. She doesn’t have enough impact to turn around bad teams.

Lucio is great. You’re playing him wrong if you’re not climbing with him out of silver.

Look up a Youtuber called Eskay. He’s a sick GM Lucio. He’s got a great combo to chunk a squishy quite reliably (headshot, punch, boop does over 200 damage in about a second).

Funny Astro is best Lucio, and overall best player, in the World. Try looking up his vids as well.

There are bad tanks, and there are bad dps, and the thing they love more than anything else is to blame the other role for their own suckitude… but the drama can be funny if they have a decent vocabulary, tbh

Maybe you need to DPS Moira if the actual DPS aren’t doing anything.

1 Like