Gotta admit it's mighty dps dependent in the low ranks gold and lower

Lol, again dps at the lower ranks has the most impact. It’s a well known saying that if you want to climb out of gold you need to carry yourself out as dps.

But from Plat onwards it’s game sense / team synergy / communication / etc.

Cue the whiny entitled DPS that are going to chime in and complain that their inability to shoot pixels on the screen is the fault of everyone else but them.

1 Like

Or Sigma apparently. I climbed about 250 SR since beta season maining him with about 75% of my games taking gold elims and dmg. One game I had over 8k damage after the first round. I asked what silver damage was and it was a tracer with around 2500 LESS. His argument was “Well yeah but I’m tracer”.

OK then.

empower bad gameplay and continue to maintain and/or develop bad habits. understood. i will give it a shot.

4 Likes

Im sorry but unless your dps play is substantially better than your current bracket you have the potential to carry much more as a tank. At least this is how it was before role que.

I took 2 accounts out of really low elo just playing off tank. Tank role is so often not filled and dps is dime a dozen. You are going to get more done as a 1700 zarya in a high silver more than likely than as a 1900 rat player.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with that because the skill cap and variance for dps is overall much higher / wider than the tanks as a whole.

Skill in lower levels is technical driven for wins.

Where as game sense positioning map awareness etc builds on that for Plat on upwards.

It’s totally possible to climb as support, and for my money supports are the most impactful role in the game, but perhaps I am biased.

It may depend on which support you main, though, I can see it being harder to climb on Ana.

I guess I am more critical of the dps since I am really a dps main.

Probably my bias more than anything else.

ah yes the ole “I CARRIED my team to victory, we LOST because my team is Trash” thread. Its easier to balme another role…than it is to think critically about how you can solve the problem as a support or tank in your role…maybe you should be clicking heads as a support, communicate like an owl coach, and healing your brains out…cant say itll win the game…but you as a player will improve a colossal amount. but hey humans being human default to easiest, least effort action…give up.

1 Like

Ahh another person who didn’t bother reading the thread and jumps in with a bunch of assumptions.

4 Likes

people lock sigma in a dps state of mind. thats the damn problem. thats why they play hog. they DONT wanna tank and they dont know how. they wanna dps

1 Like

It is very easy to carry games on Ana alone, and win. If you deserve to climb, of course.

The enemy is just as bad as your team. You are In a rank with these dps, meaning you are not better than them.

Stop blaming your teammates, start blaming yourself. If you want to climb, of course.

You call me a trash widow, but I clicked on your head :wink:

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

Again, read the thread I’m not about rehash everything for your laziness. Thx.

I’m sure in your mind that would be the case…since anyone who seems to disagree with your views…didn’t read the thread the way you did…and therefore didn’t read it…good job thanks for being biased…live long and prosper in your own disillusion.

2 Likes

I’m reading your first post. And it is wrong. I do not need to read more, to understand that you are the type of player that blames everyone but themselves.

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

2 Likes

Again I had no problem with the prior mmr system. Things seem slightly different I’m how things are split.

It may just be the locked roles in ability to flex out to wraparound certain deficiencies. I may need to learn how to adjust with the current limitations.

It is however different and it might be subtle to some but it’s seems obvious to me.

Also could be due to people aren’t really at the right Sr right now and there’s significant rebalancing going on.

I said I wasn’t going to rehash but had to. You’re that guy.

sometime you lose because teammates have a bad game, sometime you lose because you have a bad game, and sometime you lose simply because the enemy team is bettert an play better and are a better "team.
The rest you win. win enough and you climb if not , well then you dont climb. Blaming or not there are missplaced people in every rank, thats just how it is

Yet again. The role lock is a very good change. If you switch from Ana to dps. And try to “carry the game”. You would be doing much more harm than good to your team. So the previous system was not good.

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

I agree with this.

Again, and have had no problem ranking a new account upwards from bronze to low diamond.

The old mmr and non locked roles, I thought was fine.

There are certain dynamics and patterns I have noticed and it could still be in the rng as I am starting to rank up again.

Time will tell.

that’s the point though…time will tell though…3 days is not enough time to take a definitive stance on anything. people be crying about getting ranks in roles the never play as being to high…which is brilliant because now the mmr sysstem has actual data on other roles players never played. beta is beta…its not a season at all…season 18 you can go to town on…but honestly i expect their to be a lot of settling to happen in the next 2 official seasons. roleQ is a pretty big change…now instead of a blanket average that just wasn’t very accurate…it get real personal with just how good you are as a player vs your own unrealistic expectations.