Got deranked and got wrong reward

I when from high diamond (nearly masters) to mid plat and got the plat rewards but all my mates got put up and got the higher rewards, I’ve been diamond all of OW2 and my mate who has only been diamond in one season got put from plat to high diamond and I get deranked, how it’s that fair that I go down and he goes up for no reason especially when I’m alway in grandmaster/top 500 lobbies in diamond so it’s impossible to climb

2 Likes

there’s no more rank resets but depending on your current card when the season resets you can go up or down. had two roles in masters but since my current cards weren’t positive both went down to diamond, didnt get the masters challenger tag :confused:

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Incorrect End Of Season Competitive Rank And Rewards (Seasons 1-3). Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand the Developers to give us the rewards we rightfully earned.

1 Like

I thought we were supposed to get put to are true MMR ranks but how can my MMR be plat if when I was in diamond I was playing with top 500s and grandmaster, I really hope blizzard does see all the post about this

1 Like

The large skill deltas in competitive matches is an intentional design choice and not technically a bug. In fact, players as low as gold have been seen playing in Top 500 lobbies, which you can find plenty of streamer vods showing this. Given that, it’s very much possible for you to be a platinum player while still playing with grandmasters and other Top 500s. That being said, this large skill delta should absolutely be changed.

Got derank on support role from Diamond 4 to Gold 3 ( 9 steps deranked) played all that season 3 for climb as much as possible. Is it a bug ? No it’s a bug since the beginning of OW2 i never got that lower rank. Season one G1, season 2 P1, season 3 derank G3 but finished D4. A logic climb why should i do it again?
I didnt derank from other roles. And i main support role. Please fix it thanks

2 Likes

I’ve just done 2 matches of comp and am still getting placed with GM’s and Masters so something is clearly wrong

1 Like