Good news, cheaters cant ruin your SR anymore

Blizzard can and will nullify a match result when cheating is detected.

198 Likes

:pray:t2:
God Bless Papa Jeff

41 Likes

Wow. The future is looking bright. When did this update happen?

22 Likes

Whoa is this real? If so thank god!

15 Likes

This actually made me speechless for a second, just to translate into big cheer.

Competitive changes!!!

Now the same for leavers? How many % of 5v6 games are won by the 5 man team?

13 Likes

I’m curious to see how many games we’ll be cancelled in GM :rofl:

20 Likes

Well… title is hyperbole, not all cheaters will be caught immediately.

Still, that’s really good news. That’s a much better way to handle it than letting the match finish 5v6.

I also expect they’ve included new cheat detection for the new generation of cheats that have been growing in popularity lately. Not that I see many aimbots at my rank, since they either climb out quickly or get banned.

2 Likes

That won’t happen because of fears that it can be abused by players who are grouped together, or by players who are willing to trade leaves.

2 Likes

This is news to even me. In the past the worst I have seen is the cheater being removed from the game mid-match if applicable.

18 Likes

Seems to be new with the current patch.

3 Likes

Seems as rather terrible news, that blizz support is unaware of rather big punishment changes.

Must be linked with all that activision employee trouble lately.

(Sarcasm might occur, though)

1 Like

And forgive me for asking but I have dealt with Photoshopped images like this before, you are not fibbing us right? Right now I do believe you, but this definitely is a significant change to the game if this is the case.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Customer support may be aware. But I am a forum MVP and I do not represent Blizzard. A majority of information I acquire comes just as fast as you guys get it.

10 Likes

Wait, is it instant? Or do you have to send in a report?

Aren´t you part of Tech support ?

Or is that title to inform, that you often give good advice in a tech support forum ?

Okay I have gotten confirmation, this is NEW and is legitimate. This is a huge change.

32 Likes

I dont know. I only found this being discussed on twitter. Jayne commented on it, so i think its credible.

It is instant upon the cheater getting banned. Just like CSGO has had for a long while now, all games with the cheater will be nullified for both teams.

1 Like

You can’t group up in high elo to profit from it.

In lower elos you risk the leaver penalty and a ban from comp.

So it can’t really be exploited.