Good Nerfs To CC...But

It’s a nerf and a buff at the same time.
The casting time reduced is huge.
At long distances very often there was noone to follow up, so the extra stun went to waste, but on average it is a nerf to the duration for all distances.

Was any of that needed? No. Just devs picking all abilities with “stun”, reducing it by ~20% and calling it a day.

1 Like

I suggest it to be 1.2s fixed ;3
0.75s to 0.8s difference is not even noticeable, so its essentially a nerf for removing 3s potential

I written something about it.

but theres still the potential of it increasing stun duration over time…
even if no one can follow up on 3s stun, what about 1.5?
removing that potential and giving it a fixed 0.05s buff is a nerf
which isn’t necessary for Sigma

Perhaps they could consider rewarding the skill shot in another way. More damage the further it goes? Minimum 70(current damage for a direct hit) to maximum 120?

Ok, lets go back to beginning- reason why experimental card was made:

Im writing this hoping they would not let Sigma nerf go live

They said that EX card isnt PTR, but after last card it chnged, so I wish you glhf in stopping changes in ex card going live and give :heart: under this topic.

You still are because she will fall to the ground. The duration of the stun starts when the person hti the ground.

I really want that change to go through because in my opinion that’s a buff. The 3s is useless most of the times, it’s just annoying for the target that cannot play for a long furation, while he is too far away for the stun to have consequences.

With that, we get the minimal at 0.8 which is great and the 0.1 cast time buff helps the peeling ability, the ulti cancellation and our brawl power. Please don’t advocate against it because you think it’s a nerf when it really helps us while taking away a useless tool that is just boring to play against.

1 Like

This ^ Hitting rocks at far distance was hard anyways. Hitting rocks close range is easy.

This change will actually allow sigma to 1hit combo any close range characters.
Rock -> both orbs -> melee. With the extra time on close range rocks, using an ability to escape is now impossible.

This change is purely a buff in 90% of scenarios, and I would be surprised if it went through because it’s too powerful.

It looks like it is mccmeme’s /s/l/a/s/h|b\a\n\g v2.0, doesnt it?

Sigma got a buff, long range rocks are hard to hit. I take the faster cast if I can pick.

No its not a buff at close range minimum stun is 0.75 seconds. And now is always 0.8 seconds so that is 0.05 seconds buff which is nothing.

1 Like

Dont be fooled 0.05 seconds more on the stun wont help.Lower cast time is great but its meh change.

2 Likes

0.05? It’s a 0.3 seconds more stun, bruh.

As someone who does now a lot of Sigma, I am happy with it. Yeah a potential 3-second stun is nice, its almost impossible to leverage and get value out of, so in close in play which is Sigma’s forte, the change is more useful. And I agree completely, it was done to help sate the anti-CC crowd is all. Literally no one complained about Sigma’s rock at long range.

No his minimum stun duration is 0.75s.

This change is overall a huge nerf, since throwing the rock even just a few meter gave you a longer stun time that the current experimental version.

And the slightly shorter cast time does NOT compensate for this big of a nerf.

No it is not. It is literally 0.05s more than the minimum stun, meaning his already nerfed combo is not even guaranteed anymore. This is a big fat NERF

You are right and on these forums many people dont even understand its a fat nerf.

1 Like

please do simple math, 0.8s stun(new fixed duration) - 0.75(old minimum duration)

Oh. 2nd poster gave false information. Still, honestly, not really that big of a nerf. A faster cast time is something he needed bad. I think it’s an unneccesary nerf but I won’t be crying if it gets released.

Sigma is in a good place rn IMO. I’m rocking a 64% winrate with him with 3 hours in low diamond. I’ve really been enjoying him and I think he is on par with all tanks except Reinhardt. Sigma isn’t bad because he’s not powerful, he’s ‘bad’ because rein is so good.

Read the post I was responding to. I’m not a moron, I was given wrong information.

EDIT: Also, Sigma honestly might be deserving of a nerf right now. Statistics show his winrate as super high. Its positive in all ranks above gold (as expected) but of all the tanks, in every single rank he’s 1-3rd highest winrate, only below Rein/Zarya in every single rank.